Discussion topic: New Firmware QS012 - support for bluetooth head sets.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by KRIS70 This message was authored by: KRIS70

Re: New Firmware QS012 - support for bluetooth head sets.

Strange that mine doesn't return the same results:

BCC2ADD5-D22C-420D-A8F9-2065E429AEAF.jpeg

Different to mine 😬

012DA393-6244-46FA-83BF-C393B88E111E.jpeg

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try a plug out reboot 

I am using the "hello sky" voice search on my glass fyi 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

I've tried everything. Reboot, firmware re-install etc... still no joy. think it may have something to do with the Puck QS012 update???

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

So, where the hell are we? 🤪

Back to Q11

Screenshot_20221108_201558_Chrome.jpg

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Anonymous 

It's a swap so we can all have a try 😂

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

So still on QS012.010 and puck on QS011.007. @Jporch316 seems that I'm being punished on the puck for boasting that I had got 12 on the Glass 😂

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Sure once things are stable everyone will be updated but it doesn't seem to have much of an impact.

This message was authored by WelshPaul This message was authored by: WelshPaul

I received two new pucks today as part of my Whole Home subscription and both updated to QS012.010 during the setup process. I guess Sky haven't pulled the update after all?

This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

Does anyone find version 12.010 brighter?

Defo feels the image is sharper aswell.

A few tweaks to changing channel/pause/play features - Changing page on the EPG is rapid now!

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

My 3 pucks updated to QS012 overnight.

Chrisee
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Anonymous wrote:

So, where the hell are we? 🤪

Back to Q11

Screenshot_20221108_201558_Chrome.jpg

@Anonymous yesterday we were mid way through an update from QS011 to QS012 and another batch of units appear to have updated last night. If that is the last batch, which I expect it is, then the update stream will have switched to QS012 from QS011 which various posts suggests has happened. That page will update after Sky confirm there were no issues.

This is 100% normal and does not indicate a need to panic or that the end of civilization is happening which several of the more emotive posts yesterday seemed to indicate (I see at least one has disapeared which should save the author's blushes). There was no significant indication QS012.010 was not stable there never was. A few units flicking back can happen if the release has not been succesful on that unit and Sky systems tell the box to revert. 

If Sky are doing what we expect release QS013 should start in around 2 weeks and complete before the expected code freeze in mid December. If they miss that slot will then we will not get another update until mid-January after the Christmas period. There can be features in a release are not activated until they are switched on remotely. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Puck updated to QS012.010 overnight and seems like a lot of others have too.  So will some of the expected planner features be turned on or will we have to wait for QS013.   Perhaps they should jump 13 (unlucky for some!) and go straight to 14 

Chrisee
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Anonymous as you are effectively "the fat lady singing" in Glass update terms then we can declare the release complete whatever Sky says. 😀

Features have been included in past releases which were not activated immediately so who knows.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by WelshPaul This message was authored by: WelshPaul

@Anonymous wrote:

Puck updated to QS012.010 overnight

Yea, I can confirm that my remaining puck updated overnight too.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion