Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by aberdeen19032012 This message was authored by: aberdeen19032012

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

BT must be running scared. I called them and advised I was leaving to go to Sky. 

Told them my wifi speed is 68 down , 19 up everywhere no issues at all. But £55 v £32 ... come on.... 8 antennas ... new hub.... 

They just said- so if I changed you today to £32 for 18m would you take it then and doubled your data on every sim card and if wifi ever goes out send you a mini hub until we fix and change all sims to unlimited data during that time too .   So looks like I'm sticking with BT for next 18m !! 

Before this hub came out all BT said was comparing apples with pears now... it seems its apples with apples ! 

This message was authored by kit77 This message was authored by: kit77

So, if i am with sky for sky q and fibre, and there have been issues with wifi coverage and also q dropouts at the miniboxes, is it likely that sky would offer the new equipment?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kit77 Sky only supply the new hub if you re-contract and take the Broadband boost - see here Can I get the new Sky Broadband Hub?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@kit77 

Solving Q Mini problems might well get you a television installer visit and Q wireless boosters (if required), but offers no guarantee of WiFi coverage for other devices: that requires subscribing to a Sky fibre product with Broadband Boost, and gets you the new Hub.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by kevinsdkk This message was authored by: kevinsdkk

Re: the new Sky Broadband Hub

just how much is this ?

so Sky starts switching the broadband off and on for days, making us think we have to up grade, to a service we can't afford or want.

why? you tried telling me i needed to unplug this and then that, only for me to discover that theres nothing wrong with my set-up, its Sky that has the problem, all over the county and in Spain the same problem, service on and off all day.

and they make us pay for this service??????????

come on Sky we pay you more than enough, so you fix the problems with your service.

thanks

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: the new Sky Broadband Hub

@kevinsdkk wrote:

just how much is this ?

so Sky starts switching the broadband off and on for days, making us think we have to up grade, to a service we can't afford or want.

why? you tried telling me i needed to unplug this and then that, only for me to discover that theres nothing wrong with my set-up, its Sky that has the problem, all over the county and in Spain the same problem, service on and off all day.

and they make us pay for this service??????????

come on Sky we pay you more than enough, so you fix the problems with your service.

thanks

Replied to your other post.

This message was authored by Garry777 This message was authored by: Garry777

We're on Diamond and get no discount 

sorry but i dont understand?

@Garry777 assume you mean the Diamond tier of the VIP programme? Someone mentioned an offer for the Broadband Boost at £2.50 per month but suspect that was an introductory offer before the Wifi guarantee was launched. If there is nothing listed in the MY Sky app then you will have to pay the full price.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Garry777 This message was authored by: Garry777

We have deals but they are awful compared to what we used to get. Went from £49 up to the 80s in the space of 2 years

@Garry777 currently the price Sky are offering on Sky Superfast with the Broadband Boost under cuts most of their competitors and is open to both new and existing customers most people find it saves them money overall.

If your bill contains broadband why not call them and see what they offer?

This message was authored by Sarah-Webster This message was authored by: Sarah-Webster

I totally agree.  If you want to reduce your price you need to ring Sky.  I have phone and fibre max and my prices were up in the high 50's, so  I rang them and they gave me some offers in a new contract that significantly reduced the price and they agreed that I was paying too much for what I had.  

I said to them that it was either offers or I would leave for another company, but knowing full well that I was never going to do that because I have found Sky very good over the years that I have been with them.  They came up with offers that significantly reduced the price and I got a new broadband hub too.

Try it and see!!

my sky bill covers basic tv, telephone line, calls and broadband.

year on year, it has all gone up and up, its now double what it start off at, yet do i get new, NO.

so been recommended other companies so being on a very low income i need to save money and get better broadband signal.

in my experience, these one off good prices quickly come to an end and soon yourpaying more than you were

before.

its always the new customers that get the very best deals, us fells that stay with Sky, get the biggest bills.

and no you don't always get a better deal .

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@kevinsdkk wrote:

in my experience, these one off good prices quickly come to an end and soon yourpaying more than you were

before.

its always the new customers that get the very best deals, us fells that stay with Sky, get the biggest bills.

and no you don't always get a better deal .

Yes, it's true that a deal will have an expiry date after which the standard higher subscription charges will apply. Sky tell you that when a deal is agreed, so there's every chance to speak to Sky again when the deal is about to come to an end to re-negotiate and possibly avoid the increased charges. As you rightly say, Sky aren't always willing to do a deal, but you always have the option of switching to another provider, if you think you're not getting value,for money.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion