Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by kevinsdkk This message was authored by: kevinsdkk

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

that sounds great, but they never call to say we know that you have health problems and we think theres a better deal for you, sadly then i wake up!!!!!

they dont even remember the things i have asked them to remember, like i have a brain injury and can't remember passwords, if i had a pound for everytime i have been told you should do passwords you can remember?

i dont remember what day it is or did i turn the gas off or shut the fridge, or did i lock the house?

internet companies usest to have special numbers that disabled people could call, but then they started changing the numbers, then i was lost, so i am never going to remember the date a special deals runs out or to call them to get something else, i spend my days trying to live with multiable illnesses, so dea dates full into the i have not got a clue folder.

SKY - know this so why dont they call me???????????? it would make me feel a lot better about their fees and costs that always go up, why they don't do anything the makes them go up.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
This message was authored by kevinsdkk This message was authored by: kevinsdkk

hi Mark39,

firstly thank you for the details you have just sent to me.

i have been disabled for over 25 yrs, i have been with Sky since 2012 ish, i told them that i was/am disbled, with multiable illnesses, they have never sent any of this? in the morning i am going to call ask why, have i been forgotten about by sky. i have lots of other words that i am going to write down.

i am going to ask all my disabled friends and family if they have ever got these numbers, i think i already know the answer, but from them i thank you mark39.

This message was authored by Garry777 This message was authored by: Garry777

I did I am the guy who calls, usually every year I ask for retentions department, its no longer worth it as the deals get worse. We have re-contracted for 18 months, its all different contracts. They won't do any more for us

• TV
£38.00

• Sky Entertainment
£22.00

Sky Entertainment£27.00
In-Contract discount-£5.00

• Sky HD
£3.00

Sky HD£5.00
Sky HD Subscription Discounted-£2.00

• Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£13.00
  • See It First
FREE

• Broadband & Talk
£44.00

• Sky WiFi
FREE
  • Sky Talk International Extra
£12.00
  • Sky TalkShield
FREE
  • Sky Broadband Superfast
£27.00

• Sky Talk Line Rental
FREE
  • Sky Broadband Boost
£5.00
  • Call Charges
FREE

Bill total£82.00

This message was authored by Suzie10 This message was authored by: Suzie10

I tried to recontract again as I already got Sky Broadband Boost before 4th September 2019. I tried via Live chat and they said they couldn't do it.. They stated I'd need to call in as the people there have "special access" to make changes to my account.

I then tried calling them today on the provided number. The advisor said I already have a contract until 18 November 2020. He said when he tried to add the new Sky Broadband Boost, it was asking for £110. He said there was no way he could waiver the cost. He said I should call back another time (???).

Shouldn't it be easy to recontract and get the newer Sky Broadband Boost? Sky clearly won't do it as easily for me. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Suzie10 wrote:

I tried to recontract again as I already got Sky Broadband Boost before 4th September 2019. I tried via Live chat and they said they couldn't do it.. They stated I'd need to call in as the people there have "special access" to make changes to my account.

I then tried calling them today on the provided number. The advisor said I already have a contract until 18 November 2020. He said when he tried to add the new Sky Broadband Boost, it was asking for £110. He said there was no way he could waiver the cost. He said I should call back another time (???).

Shouldn't it be easy to recontract and get the newer Sky Broadband Boost? Sky clearly won't do it as easily for me. 

@Suzie10 afraid you have been told s load of rubbish. There are plenty of people who have recontracted again to take advantage of getting the new hub and the new WiFi guarantee. Best to try calling again and speaking to a different adviser

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

I went back on Live chat and they said the same thing. Apparently it was charging for the hub (£108.95) and they couldn't do anything about it. The advisor then told me to contact the "dedicated broadband team" via "Cancel Sky Broadband" live chat.

I did that and they seemed to have no issues making the change. They even cut out the delivery charge. They said the hub will arrive within 5-7 business days. We'll see I suppose.

Does it show up in the "track order" page? Or will nothing show up there?

This message was authored by Sarah-Webster This message was authored by: Sarah-Webster

Yes, it should be under Track Order.  It will show that the hub has been sent, what date and when it is due to arrive.  Normally takes 2 working days to arrive - mine arrived within 2 days.

Nothing appears in the "Track order" page yet. Maybe it only appears once it's been dispatched?

What i'm saying is I did call them, they couldn't do any better. Anyway we re-contracted mostly for my Mum who is disabled and watches TV all day. Things just seem to have shot up. I tried for ages. Sky dont offer good discounts anymore. We are tied in for the next couple of years

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Garry777 wrote:

What i'm saying is I did call them, they couldn't do any better. Anyway we re-contracted mostly for my Mum who is disabled and watches TV all day. Things just seem to have shot up. I tried for ages. Sky dont offer good discounts anymore. We are tied in for the next couple of years

Sky do still offer discounts subject to a minimum contract term, but I suspect what you're offered depends on what discounts you've previously  had - so if you've had a run of good discounts in the past, you may not be offered quite such a good deal at your next review.

Yeah as I said were on diamond so we have always had deals. It's a bit unfair, loyal customers don't get the treatment they deserve

This message was authored by Andy8234 This message was authored by: Andy8234

I'd go with bt sky tried to rip me off over £100 for an extender because they provide rubbish routers it could only transmit 6 meters at full stable range. The boost package is another con as you only get a max of 3mbps guaranteed and if it fails you only get your £5 back I'm waiting for some serious to happen on my line and will pray they can't fix in 28 days then is free cancellation and I'm back to bt and a decent connection 

This message was authored by Sarah-Webster This message was authored by: Sarah-Webster

BT are probably just as bad though!  Price increases and then Indian call centres!!  Good luck.

This message was authored by Scott+Wheeler This message was authored by: Scott+Wheeler

I called about a month ago and said it was unfair to add a feature to a package and then say it's not available due to the equipment I had; and that they should have retrospectively replaced all boost customers with the new hub without having to call up.

They ordered me a new hub with no postage (got it credited), recontracted at the same price. Although I also do have an early termination waiver on my broadband, which has also carried over through this change. 

I'd try again and speak to cancellations if broadband help team won't budge...

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion