Discussion topic: Mine is going back

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Mine is going back

@SimonW  since I called them on Thursday they still haven't cancelled my sky glass and still haven't been able to turn my q back on. So they've lost me altogether. Feel sorry for the sky employees who aren't physically able to help because of technical issues at their end. My handler sounded well peed off when he called on Friday to confirm he still couldn't help me. I just want tv where I'm not relying on a firm to switch me on or off so I've had to leave, I didn't really have a choice. My tv wouldn't turn on, and they can't get me sky q back. So no choice.

This message was authored by SimonW This message was authored by: SimonW

@Anonymous wrote:

@SimonW  since I called them on Thursday they still haven't cancelled my sky glass and still haven't been able to turn my q back on. So they've lost me altogether. Feel sorry for the sky employees who aren't physically able to help because of technical issues at their end. My handler sounded well peed off when he called on Friday to confirm he still couldn't help me. I just want tv where I'm not relying on a firm to switch me on or off so I've had to leave, I didn't really have a choice. My tv wouldn't turn on, and they can't get me sky q back. So no choice.

Thats odd, wonder what it is about your account specifically that's causing issues?  They couldn't do mine right away when I cancelled last Saturday but Tuesday morning they rang and got it switched back fairly quickly (and with a nearly 60% discount on my already discounted price) and Q was back as soon as he had me restart the box so it's certainly something they can do normally even if they didn't have a system in place to automate it initially 

@SimonW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats odd, wonder what it is about your account specifically that's causing issues?  They couldn't do mine right away when I cancelled last Saturday but Tuesday morning they rang and got it switched back fairly quickly (and with a nearly 60% discount on my already discounted price) and Q was back as soon as he had me restart the box so it's certainly something they can do normally even if they didn't have a system in place to automate it initially 

In my case Glass is still stuck in "Pending Delivery" which nobody seems able to remove. Happily, because I cancelled before receiving it, my Q was never actually impacted (beyond re-enabling it I think).

@SimonW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah the guy promised to do me something special when i went back onto q, but he can't get me back onto q for a month at the moment, and my tv only turns on when i do an unplug which reboots the tv, which obviously i'm not putting up with.  So i needed tv from somewhere.  And after buying a freesat box (they're not cheap), i'm not going back to sky in a month.

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@Anonymous wrote:

@SimonW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah the guy promised to do me something special when i went back onto q, but he can't get me back onto q for a month at the moment, and my tv only turns on when i do an unplug which reboots the tv, which obviously i'm not putting up with.  So i needed tv from somewhere.  And after buying a freesat box (they're not cheap), i'm not going back to sky in a month.

If it was me, I would have called back to speak to someone else. If that didn't work, I would ask to speak to a manager. There is no way it shud take a month to reenable Sky Q.

This message was authored by DannyLeeRM This message was authored by: DannyLeeRM

You would of thought they would of done a public  beta for the Sky Glass not just get employees to beta them.

Get more of a live test result.

Centercode/Betabound are a good start 

This message was authored by poddies This message was authored by: poddies

Got Glass on Friday like the build and how it works, but the TV is crap had a better tv and picture 15 years ago, tried everything with picture settings, looked at all the posts on here and else where to set up best picture, it's like watching a film from the 70's in SD, I paid for a 4K QLED TV 

This message was authored by poddies This message was authored by: poddies

Same with me TV is crap like watching everything in SD, tried all different setting no joy 

This message was authored by Ger7 This message was authored by: Ger7

Has anyone who sent their Glass back received any refunds yet - pucks etc?

This message was authored by loontor This message was authored by: loontor

Triggered the return of my Sky Glass today was back on SkyQ within 2 hrs waiting for the refunds and collection will be in Dec. Wanted Sky Glass to work and spent a lot of time here and with Sky Support trying to resolve the numerous issues after awhile the time spent and frustration out weighed any benefits. Will post on here if and when I get the refund and feedback on the collection process. Sky Q working without any issues. 

This message was authored by TomDCourt This message was authored by: TomDCourt

Correct decision.

This isn't a viable product.

This message was authored by Essex+Guy This message was authored by: Essex+Guy

I've had enough of Sky Glass now so considering going back to Sky Q. I haven't returned my Sky Q kit yet, it's due back next month.

Does anyone know if I call up and cancel Glass (TV was bought upfront so I assume it's just a case of a months notice) and ask to go back onto Sky Q if I can use my old equipment again or will Sky want to start everything all over again?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Essex+Guy wrote:

I've had enough of Sky Glass now so considering going back to Sky Q. I haven't returned my Sky Q kit yet, it's due back next month.

Does anyone know if I call up and cancel Glass (TV was bought upfront so I assume it's just a case of a months notice) and ask to go back onto Sky Q if I can use my old equipment again or will Sky want to start everything all over again?

@Essex+Guy from wha I have read is that you will use the Q equipment you have as they re-instate your Q account which is why Sky wait for a month before requesting the return of your Q equipment

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion