Discussion topic: Sky Q and mini constantly loses connectivity

This message was authored by scotttay This message was authored by: scotttay

Sky Q and mini constantly loses connectivity

having issues with my sky products Everysingle day since i signed up with sky i have issues at intermittent times with connection between my boxes, connection between my main and router, connection on the internet side of the sky Q box its literally everyday and it changes which one it is, everytime i try troubleshoot it puts back its a broadband issue when i know 100% it is not broadband issue i we have ipads a PC etc all running fine on the broadband, the up and down of the broadband is 140mb/s 19/mbs (and thats on a wireless connection as i test) but sky always fails... 

for the record the main Qis connected direct to the router via Ethernet cable and all conncetions to are fine,

the arials in to my Qbox are also fine.

the sky Qmini is connected as is and already had to remove the eco mode because it is the slowest thing i have ever owned in term of technology in my life and takes around 6 minutes just to start up if not and then i had issues where everytime it was turned on the connection to the main box wouldnt be established.. am i only one having this issue as i see little about it..

kind of regretting coming back to sky for a £10 cheaper option per month, rather pay the extra and actually recieve a service that works when required

Best Answers
scotttay
Topic Author
This message was authored by scotttay This message was authored by: scotttay Answer

Re: Sky Q and mini constantly loses connectivity

Still getting this now. Still issues daily to the point im looking at getting virgin media reinstalled to run in conjuction with sky. And lowering sky to minimum. Luckily i have a friend that got me to return on a deal. 

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mart+A+H This message was authored by: Mart+A+H

I am experiencing the same problems.

I changed to Sky Q with multiroom and a mini Q box in February (having waite dfor more than 4 months for installation) and both boxes regulalrly drop the wifi connection.

It is not a wifi issue as the all other devices are connected and when I test the speed there it is full on.

The regulareity Sky Q fails is appaling - last night I had to reset tyhje connection 6 times within the space of an hour and that is not unusual.

scotttay
Topic Author

2 nights ago i was at it 2 hours trying to get the Qmini to connect in the end i decided to watch netflix on the PC (notbad considering i pay a tv subscription)

then yesterday i had same again, then this morning it aint been on as yet, iswitched back to sky 3 months and had to sign up to 18months, i understand why they upped the 12 month contracts now, to stop people leaving after 12!

I was in 2 minds wether to come back or not as i had sky for 8 years before i left and i only did because their internet is shocking, at first i foun VM tv poor compared to old skybox, but since coming back i think VM is hands down better and the Qboxes are a massive step back

Hobsons choice for me unfortunately - we have no VM where we live so it's either Sky or Freeview.

Guessing a Sky technician will pick up this thread and solve our issues or do the just leave it to customers to sort out themselves?

Seems to be very difficult to find any contact number to actuially speak to anyone in Sky.

scotttay
Topic Author
This message was authored by scotttay This message was authored by: scotttay Answer

Still getting this now. Still issues daily to the point im looking at getting virgin media reinstalled to run in conjuction with sky. And lowering sky to minimum. Luckily i have a friend that got me to return on a deal. 

Mine is resolsve dnow - I eventually called Sky and depsite the website saying they are not taking phone calls they actually are there.

That was Tuesday - yesterdya morninrg at 8am an engineer arrived a dreplaced both the main Sky Q box an dte mini and also installed a booster as well as chnaging the IP address as he reckons your broadband provider will try and kick you off if youre watching sky via wifi.

Managed to watch two hours of Ozark last night on netflix through Sky Q without interruption.

This message was authored by BuzzBrem This message was authored by: BuzzBrem

have exactly the same problem! so does my duaghter, son and brother-law all with sky Q.

I have read all of the posts on things to try etc but still just the same,

For a while i thought it was my broadband from BT but while Sky Q is constantly looking for a connecvtion we now watch Netflix & Prime. we have no issues with these.

MY sky bill is £112.00 per month and i am now feeling like get rid of it completely which is a sjhame been with Sky since day 1.

RB

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @BuzzBrem 

Have you been through the connectivity troubleshooting guide here? If you follow this through and the issue still isn't fixed then you would need to call in and speak to an adviser as detailed in the above posts.

Hope this helps.

This message was authored by provman1 This message was authored by: provman1

This message was authored by mamsky123 This message was authored by: mamsky123

I got tagged in this but I didn't make the original post. Its ironic that I'm experiencing the exact same issues. 😅

• I think they were supposed to tag scotttay with 3 "t's"
scotttay
Topic Author

Yea they always drop the internet is the issue.. my internet is fine. Infact its perfect not only that...its the only part that work and the only part that is not provided by Sky

scotttay
Topic Author

Welcome to the club @mamsky123 

This message was authored by scottay This message was authored by: scottay

I responded when I was logged into the wrong account. 😅

This message was authored by paulcbsuki This message was authored by: paulcbsuki

I have exactly the same issues - constantly losing connectivity to the mini box from the main Q box and supposedly to the router. I have a Sky booster between the two Sky boxes. Sometimes resetting the mini works, other times not. I am paying for a service but not getting it. If this is not solved or cannot be solved why should I continue?

This message was authored by BuzzBrem This message was authored by: BuzzBrem

My problem is still the same! So fed up with Sky that i'm seriuosly thinking of getting rid of it. I dont watch the sport anymore (football), can't remember the last time I watched a film and other than Sky Atlantic it's a waste of money.

I have Netflix, Prime so really don't think i would miss it..........................................

Fed Up

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion