Discussion topic: Intermittent internet connection

This message was authored by Johnson555 This message was authored by: Johnson555

Intermittent internet connection

For the last two weeks I've had trouble staying connected to the internet. I work from home mostly, using MS Teams, and have been kicked out of almost every video call meeting due to 'no connectivity'. I've tried resetting the router, moving it closer, but the cnnecion keeps getting interrupted, sometimes I reconnect and other times it stays off for up to 1 minute. Is there anything else I can try before I consider switching suppliers? Ive had this problem on and off for the last 12 months or so, but the last 2 weeks have been terrible

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Intermittent internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnson555  Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Johnson555
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johnson555 This message was authored by: Johnson555

Sky 020322.PNG

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Hi @Johnson555 

Looks like your using quite an old router which may be the cause of the dropping WiFi.

Additionally you are on ADSL broadband which isnt ideal for working from home especially when you are having realtime meetings.

Have you considered upgrading to fibre if it is available to you?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Johnson555
Topic Author

Thank you 🙂  Would getting a new router be an option which might help address the problem? Or is it not that simple...

I have considered fibre - I called Sky about this last year and they said the speed I currently have in my current set up is the best it can really be. So, I suppose I can reconsider but would like to try some more affordable options before I commit to paying more each month for my connection. Thanks for your help

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Johnson555 

You could see if Sky will send you a more up to date router but they may refuse because for your package that is the most suited router. It may take an upgrade for you to get some better kit unless you buy yourself a router from elsewhere

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion