Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by michael++freeman This message was authored by: michael++freeman

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Hi  if you are a sky customer they have. Started to use the red button at bottom of screen during advert when it appears press red utton  it will take you straight to the  scan logo scan this with your phone or tablet it will take you to the page where you put the 6 didget code in the it asks you to sign in with your sky password then enter and the TV will go to the discovery programmes took. ME 5 MINUTES.  PS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE PAGE ON PHONE FOR CODE IT WILL GO BLANK BUT IF YOU LOOK HARD YOU WILL SEEA LITTLE MESSAGE IN LEFT HAND CORNER SO DON'T DO ANTHING JUST WAIT. GOOD LUCK

This message was authored by Dave+on+the+beach This message was authored by: Dave+on+the+beach

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Theres nothing but a white screen for me nothing in that corner at. Waited half an hour.

This message was authored by cherrypie1972 This message was authored by: cherrypie1972

if you registered all you need to do now in voice control is say discovery plus and it takes you to the app, its only free for sky Q customers btw, 

if you want to register the say 'get discovery plus' in the voice control and follow instructions, i been trying to get it for a few days but only this  morning it was actually available to download 😁 

This message was authored by whydoihavesky This message was authored by: whydoihavesky

I emailed discovery plus.

they say many have had similar issues.

You have to go through the sky qr code or the website link to activate BEFORE you sign up for an account.

They deleted the first account I had created so I could start again.

The qr code was no longer on my sky box so I used the manual link ( I will put that on here.) THEN it takes you through the instructions to create an account.

You pair the sky q box with the 6 digit code provided and VOILA. we now have another load of stuff to get addicted to (just done 7 seasons of Homelands on netflix )........ enjoy 🤐👍👀🤪

This message was authored by whydoihavesky This message was authored by: whydoihavesky

https://www.sky.com/discoveryplusactivate

if you cannot access the qr code this is the browser link.

This message was authored by Gilbo1990 This message was authored by: Gilbo1990

Hi can anyone help me I've subscribed to discovery + on sky q and signed up but it says go on the app on sky q but there isn't one there and I can't put the pairing code in because the app not there so I don't know what to do is there a way to get the app on sky q or is there a problem thanks 

try app refresh on ur sky q box.....

Thanks for the reply but How do you do that because I can't see anything on sky 

This message was authored by Dillan86 This message was authored by: Dillan86

To refresh your Sky Q apps, press the home button, scroll down to Settings but do not press anything, just highlight Settings. Then press 001 and press enter (enter is the round button in the middle of the arrows). This will then take you to a secret menu and you can now scroll down to Apps, then click on the Refresh Apps button. You should now have games in your apps.

Thank you for the advice I didn't know you could do that I've refreshed the apps but still discovery + is not there 

This message was authored by Dave+on+the+beach This message was authored by: Dave+on+the+beach

same for me too

tried that doesn#'t work and now the apps gone from teh sky apps page. I did have it but as soon as i signed up it went away. Even refershing apps didn't work using the 001 select combo. So assumed sky had pulled the app as it was not working

This message was authored by Mark140667 This message was authored by: Mark140667

Anyone tell me where the discovery+ app is on sky Q box ?

email discovery they are helpful

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried looking in apps @Mark140667 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion