Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Marco+B100 This message was authored by: Marco+B100

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Thanks 👍

This message was authored by flyingfudge This message was authored by: flyingfudge

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Same for me! Registered as instructed & put the code from the Discovery+ app on Sky Q into the website but it asks me to upgrade with every selection. I've had the e-mail from Sky as well. 

Please advise .......

This message was authored by flyingfudge This message was authored by: flyingfudge

Update: I downloaded the Discovery+ App to my phone, logged in on that & now everything works fine with the Sky Q App.

This message was authored by Danni159 This message was authored by: Danni159

Thank you this , we had the same issue but now resolved many thanks 

This message was authored by FarmerEvs This message was authored by: FarmerEvs

Hi, signed up for Discovery plus via Sky Q box, got the email to confirm from Sky.  Did the QR code and done the 6 digit codebit and can get into the app but when I go to view it e.g. Faking It, it asks me to upgrade now.  I am totally stuck.  Any ideas, thanks.

This message was authored by Easy+rider This message was authored by: Easy+rider

16078305222927035302413722163619.jpg

This message was authored by David+777 This message was authored by: David+777

I don't know what I am doing

This message was authored by Zahid73 This message was authored by: Zahid73

Tried number off times and rang Sky still unable to register been waiting 3 weeks for Sky to reply to my query and nothing. So much for customer loyalty!

This message was authored by Alice+batch This message was authored by: Alice+batch

I have signed up to discovery plus and received an email of confirmation , but how do I use discovery plus ? I can't find it on my list of channels and I have no app to access so how can I watch discovery plus through my sky box i.e. On  my tv ? 

Thanks B Knotts

This message was authored by skysteeler This message was authored by: skysteeler

Try go to Home on your TV

scroll down all the way below top picks down to the apps row, you should see a discovery + app 

click on that and you will be asked for the 6 digit code you should have received when logging in on your phone or laptop or iPad ???

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alice+batch wrote:

I can't find it on my list of channels and I have no app to access so how can I watch discovery plus through my sky box i.e. On  my tv ? 

Discovery+ via Sky is only available through the app on Q boxes: it's not a 'channel'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Bob+Costain This message was authored by: Bob+Costain

Ok, so I managed to get Discovery+ working on my Sky Q box. Now when I open the app it wants me to login again. I've gone to the Discovery+ login page and entered my username and password as previously setup and I now get login failed! Talk about convoluted... 

Do I delete my details and start again? I think I read somewhere that if you delete your account you loose the 12 month free offer, is that correct? Honestly, I'm not sure that it's worth the time and effort anyway. 

This message was authored by Auchenfad66 This message was authored by: Auchenfad66

I cannot get discoveryplus on my skyq box connected by engineer this morning,can you help me install it please ?

This message was authored by Patch.1234 This message was authored by: Patch.1234

This offer from sky, dicovery plus free for 1 year as vip reward, is a nightmare to try and register and get it working. ive wasted a few hours on occassional days trying again, but am not wasting anymore of my time trying to get something that was offered from sky. Sky do tend to make things difficult, cant see one pensioner being able to work their way through how to get this. If your ordering film no prob, just punch in pin number done, why cant discovery plus not be the same, just put in pin number and its done. No lets make it incredibly difficult. So i have discovery plus free for a year, yet cant be bothered with all the hassle attatched to getting the program.

This message was authored by Hev548 This message was authored by: Hev548

Hi . Unless you have the sky subscription on your tv , you cannot access it .  I have sky sim deal in my phone only . So I can watch discovery + on my phone but not my tv as  I'm not on sky router etc . Only the sim in my phone if that helps

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion