Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Dee.cam This message was authored by: Dee.cam

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

525F7228-C30A-408A-800F-0086A5C2A7BE.png

This message was authored by Milliemollymandy This message was authored by: Milliemollymandy

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

This is not as easy as they make it out to be. I ended up phoning Sky, took me 45 minutes and they talked me through. Even the operated admitted that lots of people had been calling with this problem.

Basically, make sure that you put the exact website name in, and don't try to search through a search engine. Then you end up getting to the right page.

If like me you've been going round in cycles tearing your hair out. If you are getting " please upgrade". I think you have to log out, go back to the pairing code. And with the correct, exact website you should get the request to put in the pairing number.

This message was authored by SkyQscott This message was authored by: SkyQscott

Can you still get discovery plus free for 12 months? Only saw it recently 

This message was authored by Treasa48 This message was authored by: Treasa48

This must be the most complicated process simply to make it hard to get the freebie. Think I've given up trying to activate it. Disgusted that 90 Day Fiance moved to Discovery plus 

This message was authored by solace This message was authored by: solace

Oh, so I am forced to sign up to Q in order to get what I've paid for - GREAT!

If I change to Q I'll have to have a new sky (Q) box. But I have some much treasured stuff saved on my pvr which I shall lose if do that. Seems like I'm stuffed!

You can log in if you have a firestick or a smart tv that has the app

Forgot to say I dont know if you need skyQ I think its for sky customers so phone and ask. I did get skyQ and  2 months later heard about the free for 1 year offer..have it logged in to the skyQ app but also logged into it on my tablet 

This message was authored by Hev548 This message was authored by: Hev548

Have you got the app on your phone?  And a smart tv? . Open the app and on the right hand top corner there's a square box . If u click on that , it will come up( your smart tv )  press that and it automatically connects From your phone  to ur tv 

This message was authored by solace This message was authored by: solace

"Have you got the app on your phone?"

I don't mean to be snippy by  why do all you people ASSUME that everyone has a smart phone? The only phone I have is the one on my table, i.e. a landline.

Do you have a smart tv? If not you can get the discovery plus app on the amazon firestick..can actually get it on your web browser too..which I also use on my pad/ tablet

This message was authored by cherrypie1972 This message was authored by: cherrypie1972

it is easy, you pair up using your phone! the instructions are idiot proof tbh 0.o lol 

This message was authored by cherrypie1972 This message was authored by: cherrypie1972

the 12 months free started in nov 2020 when it launched, not sure now what deal they have now. if you are an existing customer you would of got  an alert depending on your package at the time, i been with sky over 20 years so .... 

either way we seem to have got a better deal than the US for once! they only got 1 month free and still do! lol 

• I've been a customer 18 years, think its diamond Vip.. got skyQ  January this year and discovery + February or march
This message was authored by Clare-D This message was authored by: Clare-D

The app doesn't ask me for the 6-digit code on my TV, so I can't pair them. And there's nowhere in the app to add the code (that I can find). It's driving me nuts! 😭 

I will look on mine, I think I did it moths ago but by phone Web browser

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion