Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Dillan86 This message was authored by: Dillan86

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

That seems to have done the job, thank you all who helped

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dillan86  no worries ! that what the community is for!

This message was authored by crakayl This message was authored by: crakayl

good morning,

been following this thread for a few days now

new sky q box 2 weeks old

cannot get discovery+app to download on tv

tried rebooting router, update software, resetting apps etc nothing working for me the app is just not there.

the funny thing is im with sky mobile as well and the discovery+ app works perfect. got invite from sky for app and email from sky to say discovery+ is now in my subscription.

just no app on tv. will keep trying though 

This message was authored by TwoTBJunk This message was authored by: TwoTBJunk

Just signed up, no app on SKY box. 

Rubbish. 

This message was authored by Dillan86 This message was authored by: Dillan86

@TwoTBJunk you need to update the software of your sky q box to 130. I had the same problem 

This message was authored by Mark140667 This message was authored by: Mark140667

That's all I did you might have to call sky 

This message was authored by Gilbo1990 This message was authored by: Gilbo1990

I've just done my multi room box upstairs this morning because I forgot to do it when I did my sky q box yesterday 

I went on settings then down to system info and software version ( mine was Q120 upstairs which It needs to be Q130 ) click setup and update ( it takes up to 10 mins to update) then press standby button and it will reset and start up like when you first turn the box on and it will go to the home screen and should be updated by then 

Then I went on apps but the discovery + app wasn't there so I went on settings and put 001 in and pressed the middle button with the dot on and there some more settings so you go down to apps and it says refresh and leave it to update ( apparently it can take up to 24 hours to do ) so I left it for 5 mins and checked the apps and it was there 

My box downstairs took most of the day yesterday for the app to come on sky Q but the one upstairs was easy because I knew how to do it 

I hope this information can help 🙂

This message was authored by Dave+on+the+beach This message was authored by: Dave+on+the+beach

Mines finally working. Got the pairing number and off we went. App finally appeared.

This message was authored by crakayl This message was authored by: crakayl

finally got it thanks everyone

This message was authored by Kev230261 This message was authored by: Kev230261

Don't bother as you have to upgrade to 4.99 a month to watch the half decent stuff,didn't sky mention that lol,I wonder why,another con by sky with there rubbish V.I .P

This message was authored by TwoTBJunk This message was authored by: TwoTBJunk

App has appeared out of nowhere, all sorted. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Kev230261 no idea why you had to pay to upgrade to get Discovery + everybody else has got free for 12 months by using the mothod explained earlier in the thread.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Kev230261 This message was authored by: Kev230261

I went through sky but when you log on to the app on sky q box you can't watch everything without upgrading you can only watch a few of the shows through sky 

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

@TwoTBJunk  So have you updated your Sky Q box to 130 or 140? Have you tried voice remote saying discovery plus? 

@Kev230261  If you have that then you have not signed up correctly. As it's free for the first 12 months. Try again and follow the instructions 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion