Discussion topic: Firmware QS013 has started rolling out

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Firmware QS013 has started rolling out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Surely if you fix the local dimming and the blacks clarity it's fixed in the tv - not just on one preset that barely anyone uses ??

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Mines set to custom.

Everything else is preset to Bertie Bassett. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Mine was originally movie but it's been tinkered with so much I'm calling it the "Frankenstein" preset ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I'm so glad my Glass is just a bedroom TV. It's like chalk & cheese between my LG and Glass. It is fair to say that the puck with the LG produces a great picture but glass, jeez.

Anyway we may be pleasantly surprised once the update arrives, or not 😬

I'm watching Glass now consigned to the bedroom and the screen flickers, not auto dim but flickering, very annoying 😒 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Jporch316 mine picture setting is called 'A View To A Kill' named when I set it up on update 007 🤣

This message was authored by kph103 This message was authored by: kph103

I have LG OLED and recently got stream. The picture quality is nothing short of stupendous even on normal H D. 
we have had a few issues with. Stream ( no surprise it's Sky after all) but I have preserved simply because the difference between Q and stream picture quality is that good 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@kph103 wrote:

I have LG OLED and recently got stream. The picture quality is nothing short of stupendous even on normal H D. 
we have had a few issues with. Stream ( no surprise it's Sky after all) but I have preserved simply because the difference between Q and stream picture quality is that good 

Is the picture quality a lot better in stream ?@kph103 I've seen some posts saying it looked worse. I'm genuinely interested because I quite like the idea of getting stream myself but only if the picture quality is better than Q. 

I guess it depends what TV you have but for me the picture is  really excellent esp in hdr/uhd. 

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@Dazzasky 

I've had Stream since early October and the PQ on my LG C9 Oled its superb and imo its better than Q. It's pin sharp and the UHD/HDR live sport is stunning.

My Oled has been pro calibrated so that may help however I'm enjoying the improved PQ

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

@Dazzasky I've got Stream on two LG TVs - one Oled and one not - and I'm very impressed with the picture quality. I had Q in the past and always thought the picture was pretty good, but I never thought wow, what a great picture, like I do with Stream.

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB

@Floydianslip wrote:

@Dazzasky 

I've had Stream since early October and the PQ on my LG C9 Oled its superb and imo its better than Q. It's pin sharp and the UHD/HDR live sport is stunning.

My Oled has been pro calibrated so that may help however I'm enjoying the improved PQ

Thanks for the feed back @Floydianslip 

@Pistonhead wrote:

@Dazzasky I've got Stream on two LG TVs - one Oled and one not - and I'm very impressed with the picture quality. I had Q in the past and always thought the picture was pretty good, but I never thought wow, what a great picture, like I do with Stream.

Thanks for the feed back @Pistonhead 

Chrisee
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Jporch316 wrote:

Just read this from what hi fi

https://www.whathifi.com/news/the-transformative-sky-glass-picture-quality-update-is-rolling-out-now

any of you lucky guys confirm that the picture update is on all presets or just vivid as it suggests in this article ?

@Jporch316 the local dimming update in QS013 certainly operates on both custom and movie settings I have tested and I would assume all modes.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

The thing is here is that the quality of good tv's is so much better than Glass 

I am a notorious early adopter of anything new but would never have had Glass over my OLED. 
so when stream came along it seemed like a perfect match. 
If Glass had been OLED though that might have changed my mind. 

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@kph103 

I was very much like that nearly caved quite a few times into getting Sky Glass TV but don't regret buying my LG OLED.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion