Discussion topic: QS011.008.00P

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

QS011.008.00P

I notice this is out!

Anybody got it and what is the upgrade?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: QS011.008.00P

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

My glass tv is still on 007 

Have all your devices been updated ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
Topic Author

@Jporch316 

I've not got it, I just saw this:

Screenshot_20221018-202320_Chrome.jpg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Anonymous  QS11 has been rolling out since the end of september with various bug fixes.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Anonymousah ok

the weird thing is you can't actually run a software update 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Anonymousah ok

the weird thing is you can't actually run a software update 

Nope that option was removed in a much earlier release.  Better to do a phased rollout in case of any issues.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Topic Author

@Jporch316 

I know. The system has a long way to go.

Frustrating 🤐

@GD1 

i think @Anonymous @was referring to the fact that the 007 and 008 versions of 11 seem to exist 

do you have any idea what the difference maybe ?

@Jporch316  Mainly bug fixes and some background updates ready for future features.

There has always been some oddity in release numbers,  if I recall some TV's/pucks got on well with an earlier release whereas other didn't so they got rolled back, then they got a further update which put them on 008 instead of 007

I'm sure we'll all get the same version in future updates, assuming nothing else breaks in those updates.

This message was authored by mercelous This message was authored by: mercelous

I got the new software update yesterday by refreshing the apps. I did that, went to system information and the new software was downloading. 

It's definitely worth a try to see if your system pulls it through.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@mercelous the system may look like it is updating but if you check the version number doesn't normally change.The function is used by support when an error is suspected in a previous update. Sky control updates releasing in batches starting small getting bigger if no issues turn-up. At some point near the end ofvthe roll out the stream on the update option is switched to the new version number. Customers cannot roll back units to a previous version by using the update option. 

Current my units are running QS011.07 like most reports posted, the next major update is expected to be QS012 which if Sky follow their previous practice may show up in the next couple of weeks. Someone will start a new thread when that happens with observed changes. Sky dont publish a change log but sometimes the Superuser group gets a heads up from the forum managers as our boxes are in the first small batch, 

Sky can activate functionality present in firmware but not switched on remotely so not all changes appear immeadiatly after an update. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

Mine updated yesterday to 11.008 but never got a chance to sit down and observe any changes.

4hrs later - Non the wiser to what's changed.

Like everyone else now waiting on the 'big' update with all the new benefits recently announced

Mine glass tv is on 008 - the menu seems slower and jerkier - will give it a power off when I get a chance see if that sorts it 

starting to think maybe 008 has a fix for the erratic remote issues ...........

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion