Discussion topic: Download Failed technical fault

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by SDM53 This message was authored by: SDM53

Re: Download Failed technical fault

Just to let all know that it would appear that I have started to have some success and downloads have started to work but doesn't appear to 100% quite yet. Will update later or tomorrow with any further news. 🤞

This message was authored by Courtneywxoxo This message was authored by: Courtneywxoxo

Somethings are showing up downloading but are never ready to watch

This message was authored by Michellelala This message was authored by: Michellelala

I can’t download and I’ve tried turning my box off and resetting

I can't download anything and I've turned my box off and tried resetting but nothing

This message was authored by JC12341234 This message was authored by: JC12341234

Sky Q Software Update issues

All downloads are failing so having looked at advice it suggests ensuring software is up to date. Having looked it looks like the software is v old Q210.000.06.03L. 
ive tried manually forcing an update. The software says it's downloaded and it will install once it next standbys but when it restarts (and I get all the screens suggesting it's updating) and check the software it hasn't changed and still won't let me download.

ive tried this a few times now, trying both standby immediately and leaving for a while but nothing seems to work. Any advice much appreciated?

This message was authored by Shaunpk This message was authored by: Shaunpk

Mine has started acting up in the last hour. Can't get anything on demand to download just fails.

Hope it's fixed soon

This message was authored by Ringwood This message was authored by: Ringwood

Cannot download episodes on Sky on demand

Hi there, 

I am on Series 2, episode 5 of Babylon Berlin.  Each time I download it freezes, then it starts painstakingly trying to download and stops at 101%.  It then freezes.  I have tried a few other series on Sky Atlantic and the same thing is happening.  Should I reboot?

This message was authored by Southerntoon This message was authored by: Southerntoon

Any idea when the download failure issue will be resolved? TIA

This message was authored by y1t1f1c1 This message was authored by: y1t1f1c1

Unable to download Good Doctor, White Lotus...Updated software....but still no joy

This message was authored by CV+akehhek This message was authored by: CV+akehhek

Here's a classic one for you all. Just had an email from sky "offering" me the "opportunity" to cancel my sky " without incurring fees" as they are currently unable to resolve the issues.

Wow, what a joke of a company 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q Software Update issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JC12341234 wrote:

All downloads are failing so having looked at advice it suggests ensuring software is up to date. Having looked it looks like the software is v old Q210.000.06.03L. 
ive tried manually forcing an update. The software says it's downloaded and it will install once it next standbys but when it restarts (and I get all the screens suggesting it's updating) and check the software it hasn't changed and still won't let me download.

ive tried this a few times now, trying both standby immediately and leaving for a while but nothing seems to work. Any advice much appreciated?

Hi @JC12341234 

Nothing to do with Software

Assume you have looked on the forum and seen all the posts and threads about the current issue with Downloads?

Also see the link below

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/tv 

This message was authored by MaltMusings This message was authored by: MaltMusings

Same problem here can't download FBI from Sky Witness...

This message was authored by Samantha+B+Howard This message was authored by: Samantha+B+Howard

That's ridiculous, have you heard anything else as I have the same fault, it must be an issue which they can resolve.

This message was authored by Ineedvirginithink This message was authored by: Ineedvirginithink

Can’t download sky witness “FBI season 1 E5” done everything!! Inc reset tried to download from sky app remotely still failed in UHD HD and SD any idea or sky just playing up as normal ?!

This message was authored by JM88 This message was authored by: JM88

Also found that I can't download season 2 of manifest; keeps on saying failed. Managed to watch one episode on sky go on my phone and now message sting technical issues and can't watch any more episodes 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Time to post this again:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services

We are aware that users may receive a technical error message when downloading some content on their Sky Q/HD boxes. We are investigating this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion