Discussion topic: Wanna pay bill in full on 21st

This message was authored by duncan1211 This message was authored by: duncan1211

Wanna pay bill in full on 21st

Hi plz some one from sky help me  i had covid so not being payied untill 21st march but dont want to lose my sky plz helppppppp

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Wanna pay bill in full on 21st

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@duncan1211 
I’m afraid you aren’t contacting Sky Customer Services on here. This is a customer to customer forum where we try to help each other.

The billing process (applies to all customers) is as follows:-

If you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will automatically attempt it again 10 calendar days later (so don’t be tempted to make a manual payment in this period).

After 10 days, if that second attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, if the payment fails Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have at best 2/3 days before being restricted. There is no grace period and only 1 attempt is made for a card payment, so if this has failed, you will need to pay manually and then reset the payment method for next month.

Restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

Sky don’t allow payment plans (except on a legitimately closed account) or a promise to pay on or by a certain date.

This link may also provide some advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

If you are behind with Stream or Glass payments also see the information on this link:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/missed-payments-sky-glass

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@duncan1211 
I’m afraid you aren’t contacting Sky Customer Services on here. This is a customer to customer forum where we try to help each other.

The billing process (applies to all customers) is as follows:-

If you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will automatically attempt it again 10 calendar days later (so don’t be tempted to make a manual payment in this period).

After 10 days, if that second attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, if the payment fails Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have at best 2/3 days before being restricted. There is no grace period and only 1 attempt is made for a card payment, so if this has failed, you will need to pay manually and then reset the payment method for next month.

Restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

Sky don’t allow payment plans (except on a legitimately closed account) or a promise to pay on or by a certain date.

This link may also provide some advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

If you are behind with Stream or Glass payments also see the information on this link:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/missed-payments-sky-glass

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by JamalHussain This message was authored by: JamalHussain

Hiya,

I pay by debit card on the 14th of every month and if I can't pay that day, reattempts are made for about a week and then I'm askked to add a new card. My TV gets cut off around a week later but broadband stays on.

For me, calling Sky in advance to tell them the situation did not hold off the services being cut off.

You still get access to basic channels that would otherwise be on Freesat.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@JamalHussain wrote:

Hiya,

I pay by debit card on the 14th of every month and if I can't pay that day, reattempts are made for about a week and then I'm askked to add a new card. My TV gets cut off around a week later but broadband stays on.

For me, calling Sky in advance to tell them the situation did not hold off the services being cut off.

You still get access to basic channels that would otherwise be on Freesat.

Correct, as the best Sky would likely do if you did suffer for a change in financial circumstance would likely be to try and find something that can be removed from your package to lower your bill going forward. 

Sky have a general rule of no payment plans or holidays for subscription based payments. So late payment would always lead to restricted services, this is an automated process that an advisor cannot overrule and that is why they can do nothing for you if you are late paying a bill.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion