Discussion topic: WHY CAN I NOT CANCEL MVMNT

This message was authored by AqeelSkyQ718882 This message was authored by: AqeelSkyQ718882

WHY CAN I NOT CANCEL MVMNT

WHY IS IT NOT CANCELING HELP MY MUM CANT AFFORD IT PLEASE HELP!

Credits to @Ellie871 for first post

Best Answers
This message was authored by Ellie871 This message was authored by: Ellie871 Answer

Re: WHY CAN I NOT CANCEL MVMNT

I really do wish you and your mum the best of luck cancelling the mvmnt app. My experience with this was rubbish. Multiple phone calls and chats with Sky and they were unable to remove it for what I view as no reason whatsoever. One even claimed never to have heard of it, some said it wasn't showing on my account, and others just said it wouldn't let them remove it so they had sent a request to 'back office'. The advisors I spoke to were lovely but they couldn't fix it. I have never had trouble cancelling any part of a subscription before this one, and there is something very wrong about offering a free trial that can't be cancelled. I fortunately have more than one bank account so just left that account empty and changed payment details for other direct debits. . Eventually got a message weeks later that the app had been cancelled due to nonpayment. Really hope Sky fix this for you and your mum, they may have sorted the issue by now so get her to ring or use the WhatsApp service. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AqeelSkyQ718882 .

If your mother is the account hodler then she would need to call Sky and put in her 31 days notice to cancel.

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

Try saying nothing when spoken to by the bot.

If she has already done this then her service should be cancelled when the 31 days has been reached.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Ellie871 This message was authored by: Ellie871 Answer

I really do wish you and your mum the best of luck cancelling the mvmnt app. My experience with this was rubbish. Multiple phone calls and chats with Sky and they were unable to remove it for what I view as no reason whatsoever. One even claimed never to have heard of it, some said it wasn't showing on my account, and others just said it wouldn't let them remove it so they had sent a request to 'back office'. The advisors I spoke to were lovely but they couldn't fix it. I have never had trouble cancelling any part of a subscription before this one, and there is something very wrong about offering a free trial that can't be cancelled. I fortunately have more than one bank account so just left that account empty and changed payment details for other direct debits. . Eventually got a message weeks later that the app had been cancelled due to nonpayment. Really hope Sky fix this for you and your mum, they may have sorted the issue by now so get her to ring or use the WhatsApp service. 

This message was authored by Rhonwen1 This message was authored by: Rhonwen1

Hi

i have managed to cancel mine by going on My Sky on the tv, choosing products, then app subscriptions. I was then able to choose Mvmnt and then was able to press cancel subscription! I had to firmly press each and some multiple times. I now have an email confirming my cancellation! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion