Discussion topic: Support with your Sky bill

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Support with your Sky bill

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, I'm creating this thread to provide the best support for general billing queries you may have during this time.

We’re currently only able to deal with calls from our vulnerable customers and key workers, so please don’t contact us.

Our help articles begin here where you can choose which options are specific to your query.

We also understand how important it is on managing your finances at this time and have an article here for extra support.

Please do note although our users can provide generic advice and support to others on the forum, the Sky Community team cannot access customer accounts and therefore cannot help with individual queries.

See here for the latest update on contacting Sky.

Thanks!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Midsomer3 This message was authored by: Midsomer3

cancelling my sky

I have a contract with sky probably half waay through my husband has passed away i want to either massively down grade my account . Both for finamcial and i dont want sky sports thank you

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: cancelling my sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Midsomer3 wrote:

I have a contract with sky probably half waay through my husband has passed away i want to either massively down grade my account . Both for finamcial and i dont want sky sports thank you

That's not really something that is possible to do via the forum, best if you contact sky directly to get yourself sorted

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by Midsomer3 This message was authored by: Midsomer3

BEREAVEMENT

I KNOW I NEED TO CALL SKY ABOUT CANCELLATION MID TERM BUT I REALLY CANT COPE WITH HAVING TO CALL SKY ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS

This message was authored by PeteRG41 This message was authored by: PeteRG41

To downgrade your account, log into Sky.com and go to your TV page under "My Account"

So "My Account", then "TV", then scroll down so you can see "Your Package"

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/tv

Click on the package you don't want ("Sky Sports" for example), then scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the "Remove Package" option.  This should allow you to remove the content you don't want and thus reduce your monthly bills without losing Sky entirely

If you want to talk to Sky direct, then you can probably ask a family member/friend to call on your behalf and explain the situation - you may need to talk to a representative to confirm your identity before they can move forward with the conversation.  If you tell Sky what TV you actually watch for yourself, they should be able to cut things back on your behalf.

I wish you the best of luck with this, having to deal with administration like this after the passing of a loved one is a difficult and tedious task.

____
Pete.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Midsomer3 sorry to hear of your loss. Sky offer some help on this difficult situation here: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Bereavement-Sky-account-holder/ba-p/2771314

This message was authored by BelsizeTim This message was authored by: BelsizeTim

@PeteRG41 "Click on the package you don't want ("Sky Sports" for example), then scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the "Remove Package" option.  This should allow you to remove the content you don't want and thus reduce your monthly bills without losing Sky entirely"

Except that's not how it works as there's another step after you have removed the package you no longer want.  Once you hit 'Continue' you're then taken to a screen that tells you to call Sky.

Where you have to wait on hold for 45 minutes...

@BelsizeTimYeah, I've been told the same thing.  I guess I kind of expected a button that says "Remove this pack" to actually remove the pack.  Since I don't want to actually remove packs from my account, I've never actually pressed the button to see what it actually did.

____
Pete.
This message was authored by Windy33 This message was authored by: Windy33

Coronavirus & bills.

We are now all in the same boat. My question is.. if we have to take time of work for this virus and only getting SSP what will happen to my sky bill if I can't afford to pay the whole bill or pay online half. 

Windy ?
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Coronavirus & bills.

@Windy33 if you miss your payment your service willl cease. Sky have announced they will allow people to pause their Sky Sports subs but nothing else as yet. PayTV is not a necessity but Sky may introduce a method of delaying payment but as yet this is what they are saying https://www.sky.com/shop/covid19-customer-update?irct=CHP-tile

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by BandOfBrothers2 This message was authored by: BandOfBrothers2

@Windy33 

I would suggest to speak with Sky Customer Services as soon as you feel you wouldn't be able to pay your bill.

If a person is locked in then they are committed to pay unless Sky makes any type of arrangement with you.

For people who can't work due to self isolation etc there is ssp and I believe Universal Credit for eligible people.

I wish you all the best.

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Edited for empathy purposes....

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Rhonny whilst you are correct a lot of people are bound by contract and could face large cancellation bills. Hopefully Sky will have some scheme to allow delay of payment or ability to pause the contract but given their ham **bleep** attempt with Sky Sports I am sceptical. 

A lot of peope are very worried about the next few weeks in my opinion Sky shouldn't add to those worries by sticking to their contract terms.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

It's still early days in this rapidly changing situation.  We can't really expect Sky to have a "pandemic" folder on the shelf with the perfect solution to the various phases of what we're going through.

As always, if people have problems paying their bills, then they should contact Sky - just the same as before.  Sky might put a plan in place to help people in need get over this time but at the same time need to protect against people who are perfectly able to pay their bills from trying to get out of it.

Sky Q is and will remain a "premium" product aimed at people who can comfortably afford the service.

____
Pete.
This message was authored by Kris1075 This message was authored by: Kris1075

im in a bit of a pickle with my bill being 6x the amount it should be. i rung up and was told no one can help me resolve this right now. ive had to cancel my direct debit and everything to sky dont take £££ amount out of my account. ive no idea what im supposed to do as theyre trying to charge me literally 6x my billing amount but i cant speak to anyone about it

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion