Discussion topic: Sky ID and contract numbers incorrect and can't change

This message was authored by Villers This message was authored by: Villers

Sky ID and contract numbers incorrect and can't change

Hi, this is a 6 year old issue that I've been trying to resolve and I can't get anywhere. Some thoughts would be appreciated otherwise it may be time to cancel everything and walk away from sky.

I left sky in 2017. I returned in 2019. My old account shows up on the mysky app as being my current broadband and current sky package. I can see a recent bill for zero and everything. 

When I go to billing though I can see my current bill, for my 2019 onwards deal with a different reference number. 

At this point I understand it's a sky ID issue, however...

I can't do anything about it. I don't get a notification about being linked to an old account. I can't change the email address on the ID as that takes me to a screen that tells me there's an unknown fault. I've been at sky about it over and over. 

The result of this is that I can't make any changes, view my package etc. I have had to remove the dish and won't be putting another one up so I was looking to go to sky stream but I just know there will be an issue. 

Any ideas or is it cancel time and sign up with a different main user?

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky ID and contract numbers incorrect and can't change

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Villers If you left Sky and are rejoining after more than 12 months away your old account would have been closed and a new one created

If you want to use the same email address as the old account you need to remove and replace it with a different address on the old account first

You can do this yourself via this link

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details#M1014

Once done your free to create a new sky id using the same email address here

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-id-start#M1014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Villers
Topic Author
This message was authored by Villers This message was authored by: Villers

Hi, that isn't going to work. I am aware I have a new account. The links don't work and I can't change anything. I'm looking for someone who has had the same problem. Sky have been unable to fix this in the past. 

As I previously said. I cannot change the email address as I get an error when I click the link. It's like the whole profile is corrupt. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Villers 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Villers  In that case the only way round it is to login to the old account on the link below and replace the email with either an alternative one or made up one, then create a new sky id using the second link provided above using the email address you have just replaced 

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

edit I would wait and see if you hear from the escalation team as per the post by @caesarome before doing the above 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Villers  an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion