Discussion topic: Over payment from my bank account

This message was authored by Lesley081250 This message was authored by: Lesley081250

Over payment from my bank account

Hi , sky have taken £81 pounds from my bank account for my TV bill , I already paid this bill , I would like my money put back into my bank account as I am overdrawn in my bank now . I paid my sky bills on 27th December

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Over payment from my bank account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lesley081250 
Sounds like you made a manual payment by mistake. If you have a continuous payment method set up you should never need to make a manual payment. A credit will appear on your account for the amount you have overpaid. This should automatically be used to pay your next bill so on that bill date no/less money should be taken from your account. I would recommend not making manual payments unless requested to by Sky.

However, if you prefer, once your extra payment is showing as a credit give Sky a call to get it refunded (within the standard 3-5 working days). If you want to wait until tomorrow (Wednesday) we can get this sorted through the Messaging Team. Post on here again tomorrow if you want to do that having confirmed it’s showing as a credit.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Over payment from my bank account

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Lesley081250 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion