Discussion topic: My bills seem to be £15 over what the salesman said it would be instead of £52 it's £65 .

This message was authored by Steven+hi+ohn+bel This message was authored by: Steven+hi+ohn+bel

My bills seem to be £15 over what the salesman said it would be instead of £52 it's £65 .

My sky bill was totally lied to my face from one of your sales team in Aberdeen Scotland. I heard this was common practice amongst sales teams up and down the breadth of BRITAIN. This makes me sad and I suffer from depression and nearly took my life over a build up ol' little things. My mental health is not great at the moment but I hate getting l is ed to my face. Which happened in the bonaccord centre Aberdeen.you can find the salesmans name I've gave u enough on.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: My bills seem to be £15 over what the salesman said it would be instead of £52 it's £65 .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You're not addressing Sky here - just other customers.

First bills can be higher because of monthly in advance charging - the bill covers more than one month.  Check the itemised bill and it will have the dates covered.

Check future bills - if they are at the expected level then it's probably correct.

Also note your bill will likely rise in March/April due to annual increases.  (your contract is unlikely to be fixed cost)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Re: My bills seem to be £15 over what the salesman said it would be instead of £52 it's £65 .

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Steven+hi+ohn+bel 

Welcome to the Sky Community and I am sorry to hear of your mental health struggles. 

As @PandJ2020 has stated the first bill can be higher than normal and then subsequent months should reduce to the amount you agreed to. There are a few things that can cause bills to increase which include changing your payment due date, current offers expiring and also purchasing Sky Store content. 

Due to your statement above I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works -  https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thank you.

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Steven+hi+ohn+bel. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion