Discussion topic: Moving house but need to keep connection on in old house for 3 months

This message was authored by grastu702 This message was authored by: grastu702

Moving house but need to keep connection on in old house for 3 months

Hi

I have  sky boradband, phone and TV contract. I am moving shortly to Scotland but my wife will remain in the old property till April and since she WFH will need internet. Would it be possible to add a second connection for the new address? what is the best option

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Moving house but need to keep connection on in old house for 3 months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You would need to sign up as a new customer at your new address then cancel the other one by giving the required notice when the time is right for you. 31 days notice is needed for the TV and 14 days for the Broadband and Talk.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving house but need to keep connection on in old house for 3 months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@grastu702 wrote:

I am moving shortly to Scotland but my wife will remain in the old property till April and since she WFH will need internet.

I'd suggest being very cautious when approaching Sky: their default will be to book a 'Home Move' which would disconnect broadband at your current address the same day it is activated at the new one.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion