Discussion topic: Moving home - pause account?

This message was authored by parasaurolophus This message was authored by: parasaurolophus

Moving home - pause account?

I'm moving out of my current house in just over a month and currently have Sky TV. The new house is not yet ready so there'll be a month or so where I am at my parents' house instead. What happens to my account in this time? It can't be attached to my current address as this house will have new owners. It can't be tied to the new place as I won't have completed on it yet.

Basically, is there a way to pause an account for month or so?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Moving home - pause account?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@parasaurolophus  Sky won't allow you to pause your account,

you should still be able to access via sky go on mobile devices 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
parasaurolophus
Topic Author
This message was authored by parasaurolophus This message was authored by: parasaurolophus

Many thanks.

As far as admin goes is it possible to change the address to my interim one (i.e. my parents' house) even if there's already a Sky account attached to that address (they already have their own account)

@parasaurolophus  You can't change the address to your parents either, purely because Sky only allows one service per address 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

parasaurolophus
Topic Author

Right - so is there a solution to this?

If I keep the account open, I have to have an address on it, right? And it can't be the old (ie current) one, the interim one (parents) or the new one (house I haven't completed on yet). So is the only way forward to close the account, even though I definitely still want it? That sounds mad?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Probably best to speak directly to Sky and see what they suggest.

parasaurolophus
Topic Author

Would love to but every search for help from Sky winds up bringing me back to Sky community haha

It's almost as if they don't want you to call them or something

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You can find the number to call via the 'need more help' dropdown at the bottom of this page: https://www.sky.com/help/home

parasaurolophus
Topic Author

Thanks! And to everyone else who commented here too, really appreciated.

This message was authored by Torsyyyyy This message was authored by: Torsyyyyy

Hi, did you ever get a solution to this? I have the exact same issue about to happen!

Thanks!

@Torsyyyyy  There is no one fits all solution here, other than the advice already given 

This message was authored by sanjo This message was authored by: sanjo

@parasaurolophus Hi. Did you get this sorted? We're going to have the same situation too. Thanks

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@sanjo  Please read the replies above

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

parasaurolophus
Topic Author

@sanjo @Torsyyyyy afraid there's no solution but to keep paying, as said above. that's what I did. didn't mind so much as it was only one month, but it's not exctly a scalable or thoughtful solution from sky.

This message was authored by Torsyyyyy This message was authored by: Torsyyyyy

@sanjo @parasaurolophus We had 6 weeks between houses and i dropped down my contract to the bar eminimum but it was 30 days notice so i ended up increasing it back up and paying the same. Not an acceptable solution from Sky really imo - i think there should be an option to pause in certain circumstances if they want to retain custom. Guess they don't really care about a few people though! So current solution is ... keep paying until you move again! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion