Discussion topic: Moving from UK to ROI

This message was authored by Emma04041 This message was authored by: Emma04041

Moving from UK to ROI

I am trying to find out how to carry my sky account / equipment and keep my account running we move to Ireland in 2 weeks... or find out if I have to cancel and send back all equipment...HELP PLEASE 🙏 Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Moving from UK to ROI

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Give Sky a call. It will involve your account being closed and a fresh account opened for you in Ireland,so probably will mean returning your Sky equipment.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Give Sky a call. It will involve your account being closed and a fresh account opened for you in Ireland,so probably will mean returning your Sky equipment.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

AIUI they are separate entities - you have to cancel (and any early termination costs involved) and recontract afresh.

Call Sky to confirm.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Praveen123 This message was authored by: Praveen123

Re: Moving home with sky

@PandJ2020 @Mark39 @Emma04041  , I am writing to express my deep frustration and disappointment with the prolonged and complicated process of moving my Sky services to my new home.

It has now been 17 days since I initiated the home move process, and despite reaching out to your customer service team on eight separate occasions, the situation remains unresolved. Each time I call, I am subjected to extensive wait times of 40-50 minutes, only to be provided with explanations such as "system errors," "engineer booking site issues," or promises to check with supervisors or shift leads, followed by assurances of a callback within the hour. Unfortunately, none of these assurances have materialized.

I understand that technical issues may arise, but as a loyal customer, it is disheartening to be continually inconvenienced and left without a resolution for such an extended period. The statements provided during these calls do not address the root cause of the problem, and I am left paying for a service that I am unable to use in my new location.

Today, after yet another lengthy call, I was informed that the matter would be addressed, with a promised callback scheduled for Wednesday. Given the previous unfulfilled promises, I am skeptical about receiving the assistance I urgently need. This situation has become increasingly frustrating, and I feel as though my concerns are not being given the attention they deserve.

I kindly request your immediate intervention to expedite the resolution of this matter. Moving home is already a stressful process, and the added complication of not having access to my Sky services is highly inconvenient. I urge you to prioritize this issue and provide a swift and effective solution.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Praveen123 

You do realise the eoe you have tagged in are customers like you so if you want to register a complaint you can do so by filling in the online form here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Praveen123 sorry you're having difficulties, but as @caesarome posted, we're all customers, and as you're already in contact with Sky about this, there's no intervention that we can usefully make.

Emma04041
Topic Author

@Praveen123 I am not able to assist.... I am a customer who is moving and much to my surprise (following reading all the negative reviews on this subject) I was able to speak to a Sky customer service operator who dealt with my issues swiftly and efficiently !! I am not able to intervene nor prioritize your request..??? As a fellow customer it would serve absolutely no purpose. I am sure your issues will be resolved soon as you stated they are already "on the case"

@Emma04041 wrote:

I was able to speak to a Sky customer service operator who dealt with my issues swiftly and efficiently !! 

Did they manage to 'migrate' you then?

Emma04041
Topic Author

@PandJ2020  I cannot migrate as moving from UK to ROI. He dealt with the cancellation waived the termination charges and advised how I rejoin with a better deal !! A positive experience all in all

@Emma04041 wrote:

@PandJ2020  I cannot migrate as moving from UK to ROI. He dealt with the cancellation waived the termination charges and advised how I rejoin with a better deal !! A positive experience all in all

Nice!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion