Discussion topic: Moving House but have no new address

This message was authored by einnoR This message was authored by: einnoR

Moving House but have no new address

I will be leaving my current rental property at the end of the month and have not got a new rental sorted yet. I dont want to cancel my Sky TV and Internet subscription. Is there anyway i can keep paying my subscription but not have it linked to the rental property i will be moving from, so the new tentant will be able to setup internet ect. Then when i find a rental i just notify sky of the new rental?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Moving House but have no new address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You choices are:

Take the equipment with you or cancel all your services and start again when you have a new property to live in but if you do cancel the Sky Q box and broadband hub would have to be returned to Sky. Then you start again as a new customer at your new address.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You can keep your services at the address you are at now as this will allow the new tenant to use them, then when you do get a new address you can use Sky's home moving service to move them to your new home.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
einnoR
Topic Author

Wont i need to take the skybox and internet with me? 

The Sky box and broadband hub yes you can take them with you.

einnoR
Topic Author

how will the new tenant have internet/ use the services then?  i dont want to block them from having internet. no way of accessing the broadband without a internet box right?

is there a way of sky making my internet and tv inactive and i still pay monthly untill i find somwhere new?

@einnoR wrote:

how will the new tenant have internet/ use the services then?

You could leave them there until you have a new address set up ?

@einnoR wrote:

is there a way of sky making my internet and tv inactive and i still pay monthly untill i find somwhere new?

The only way would be to remove the Sky box and broadband hub from the address.

einnoR
Topic Author

i would be moving 6 hours away from the current address so cant leave anything behind.

when you say remove it from the address what do you mean and how?

Take the actual Sky box and broadband hub with you then when you are ready to move into your new address give Sky a call, tell them you have the Q box and broadband hub and that you want them setup in your new property. That way the account remain active but the tenant can't use these services until you are setup in your new home then they can arrange to go with whatever company they want to.

einnoR
Topic Author

but if i cant find a place to rent for a month that means the new tenant would be unable to setup broadband in any capacity as a line is already setup and active at the property? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

You choices are:

Take the equipment with you or cancel all your services and start again when you have a new property to live in but if you do cancel the Sky Q box and broadband hub would have to be returned to Sky. Then you start again as a new customer at your new address.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

if the new tenants signed up to another broadband provider, that would automatically cancel your Sky broadband service at that property (providing their selected provider is using the same telecommunications network, which is openreach in the UK).

They would be unable to sign up for Sky broadband or TV themselves because it would say a service is already registered at that address.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

einnoR
Topic Author

is there anyway i can keep paying my sky subscription but just have the line deactivated to the rental and then have my account setup at the new rental?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@einnoR wrote:

is there anyway i can keep paying my sky subscription but just have the line deactivated to the rental and then have my account setup at the new rental?

The way a broadband service works via the openreach network is similar to how gas and electricity work in that only one service can exist on that infrastructure for one property at a time.

Ultimately if you are moving out of the address but don't know where you are moving to your only option really is the cancel the service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

einnoR
Topic Author

So sky has no option or service for someone who wants to keep paying them and stay subscribed to them but is moving rental property but is unable to give them an address as they first need to secure a rental agreement first?!  I feel like this is a bit ridiculous as I'm sure thousands of other people have been in this situation. 

I will be living at my parents for a month while I sort out a new place to rent so have can I give sky a new address.... I don't want to cancel as I like the service and think sky are great. Surely there is something they can do for me as I'm 7 months into a 18 month contract 

einnoR
Topic Author

*******new place to rent so can't  give sky a new address....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion