Discussion topic: Have not received refund for over 2 months and I've been calling many times...

This message was authored by Tangerine1 This message was authored by: Tangerine1

Have not received refund for over 2 months and I've been calling many times...

So I changed broadband from Vodafone as it was getting too expensive (about £38 for 30mbps) and decided to buy a Sky broadband package (£25).

My broadband activation date was the 2nd of November last year (2023) and strangely during the 2 weeks of transfer period, I was not allowed to see the contract for the bundle I bought. It was only made available to me couple of hours before midnight of 2nd of November. I looked at this contract and it turns out that the mbps was about 25mpbs (can't remember the figure as I was angry). I checked my order on my emails and it said 61mbps (this is UK average, I know I won't be able to receive this amount), so why provide me lower than my last provider???

So I immediately cancelled my broadband on the 2nd of November (activation date) and had no Internet for a further 2 weeks when transferring to Plusnet. But since then Sky has charge me twice and I have been calling 19 times since the 6th of November because they charged and kept my contract going.

According to customer service my broadband package has stopped since 16th of November and they're just processing my refund. I still haven't received after many verbal confirmation.

70% of the time I'm transferred 5-8 times each call I make and usually about 4 to 6 transferred calls is to an Indian person claiming to be the manager or supervisor who has no clue how to access my account or what product I was sold...

I'm no closer to getting that refund (family member's money and I'd rather not complete my responsibility for not having that money returned when it was his money used and he pays the bills, if £50 helps with the bills, then I want that back from Sky). All I can see on my billing is that around £50 has been credited to my Sky account, that's it...

Is there anyone who I contact outside Sky and put a stop to the possible charges in the future and get the refund?? I'm not even sure if my broadband contract has even been terminated! 

I have told them that they had no right to withhold my money whilst they pretend to confirm cancellation and processing refund...I'm really lost. 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Have not received refund for over 2 months and I've been calling many times...

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tangerine1  Cancellations are only confirmed by email, so have you received any such confirmation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Tangerine1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tangerine1 This message was authored by: Tangerine1

Re: Have not received refund for over 2 months and I've been calling many times...

No email confirmation of either (cancellation or refund). I have asked them many times for this hard copy of their verbal confirmation but they claim they couldn't do it (all the customer service advisors flat out said they couldn't) despite having my details and that I had to give them my email address and phone number at the start of each transferred call (they act as if their department don't belong to the same company at all!)

I found this very suspicious and I'm pretty sure the 20th time calling (currently 19 separate calls on my phone call list lol).

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you haven't already you might want to register a complaint with Sky by filling in this online form:

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Tangerine1
Topic Author

Tried to submit a complaint form an hour before but an error message comes up even now - "The form failed to submit, please try again later"

Tangerine1
Topic Author

Guys, does anyone know how to file a complaint? Their online form does not work at all (mobile or PC browser), it keeps telling me, "The form failed to submit, please try again later."

I've been using their online chat service and guess what! The agent told me that me refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.... like the 6 previous call service agents said! And what's even more strange, none of them can provide me any written conformation to prove that 'they have initiated the refund process'. Strange right! And they have strung me along for over 2 months and charged me twice for those 2 months when I didn't even have internet half the time and Plusnet the other half.

Refusing and withholding my money like this and behaving like this e.g. consistently lying clearly spells SCAM and unethical practices... Why anyone would want to go back to Sky is beyond me!!! Happy to take your money but run away when asked to give it back....

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Tangerine1 wrote:

Guys, does anyone know how to file a complaint?

<snip>

And what's even more strange, none of them can provide me any written conformation to prove that 'they have initiated the refund process'. Strange right! 

<snip>

Refusing and withholding my money like this and behaving like this e.g. consistently lying clearly spells SCAM and unethical practices....

Use one of the other options in the link provided earlier. 

I don't think Sky customer service advisers have the means to provide any bespoke letter of confirmation, so nothing strange there.

Have Sky ever 'refused' your refund? From your post there has clearly been an issue with getting your refund to you but it doesn't sound as though they're deliberately 'withholding' your money. 

Tangerine1
Topic Author

After saying that they started a refund process several times over the last 2 months?! Seems deliberate to me...

Tangerine1
Topic Author

It's been 9 days since this last email:

"Thank you for your email in regards with the refund.
Having accessed your Sky Account, I see that the credit of £49.17 has been refunded to your Continuous Credit Card bank account ending with **** on 22/01/2024.
However, please be informed that the refund will be with you within 3 to 5 full working days. I request you to kindly wait.
I appreciate your patience in this matter.
For further billing information, current and future payments, make payments online and much more, you can access this online using the My Sky link below;
https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill
I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can reply to my email.
Kind regards
Sneha"

Clearly, they continue to lie and continue to withhold my money for nearly 3 months... SCAM artists...Absolutely disgusting behaviour! Anyone know who I can contact? I've tried calling (many times), using chat online and sent a complaint letter via their mailing service.  

This message was authored by Katie189 This message was authored by: Katie189

I am in the exact same position!! 

I tried to join and paid £25. After two people telling me that they couldn't connect my account due to it being a 'ghost' line, despite a 55min phone call with a member of staff, they still they told me I'd need to call back to speak to an advisor, I said no thank you, this is awful, I want a refund. I've had 5 emails telling that I have to wait 3-5 today and the refund has been processed, even had a text message saying the same. However, one month later, and still no refund. Any contact I have with them comes at 10:30pm, so clearly arent' working in England. Today I get my first phone call from them at a normal hour, I missed it as I'm at work and their immediate email and text - we have closed your complaint case. Why on earth would they think it's okay to close an account, after one missed call, when for one month I've been chasing a refund that I still don't have. Sadly, it would seem that the complaints helpline also doesn't work. I'm not sure what outside agency can help me solve this. I wish I had twitter so I could out them! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion