Discussion topic: Losing customers

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Losing customers

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

True. Of course, the same applies equally to providers other than Sky......

This message was authored by Rob11 This message was authored by: Rob11

SKY has become unaffordable for millions.

I realised that if one criticizes SKY on this forum, out comes a poster who purports not to be a SKY employee or whatever defends them.  I ditched SKY because I am tired of sloppy companies like SKY treating customers with contempt.  SKY seems to think that we can't do without them, well I confess I

once thought that I needed that SKY Q box to record stuff, and that I needed Sports to watch certain things. Well, I will be honest, since getting shot of them we have been spoiled with terrific stuff from other sources.  We watched that drama 'Mr Bates v The Post Office' free on ITVx, we would have missed that show and many others if we still had SKY. So impressed with ITVx and Netflix I am now subscribed to both and the yearly cost is some £500 cheaper than I was paying SKY.

I am not promoting ITVx, Netflix, or any of the others, that is for others to discover. I am still receiving offers from SKY,  but I won't be taking any of them and those people who just sit back and allow these large corporations and insurance companies to treat them with disdain, then carry on those fat cat bosses need all the money they can screw you for.  

This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

Sometimes the best course of action is to walk away. 👍 

Tomjah
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tomjah This message was authored by: Tomjah

Sadly offcom only covers broadband prices not the whole sky packagev

This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

It's not just about prices although they are obviously happy to shed customers rather than offer the same deals as they previously did, but customer service has gone downhill. As an example I phoned to cancel and was told that I had to pay early termination charges for multiscreen. I challenged this and was told that I would get a call back from a manager either next day ( they didn't call) or in six days time. Why? Surely it's all on the system and any manager could have dealt with it. You also don't get escalated to individuals who can make decisions so I wonder if there have been job cuts and now it's just computer says no?

This message was authored by Steve+D+1 This message was authored by: Steve+D+1

I have just purchased a hisense tv with freely installed, channels received by WiFi pause tv up to 15 min all in HD with no cost once you purchased the TV, time for Sky to go.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Steve+D+1 wrote:

no cost once you purchased the TV

By definition free-to-air television is free, while subscription television has a cost.

Freely is the successor of (and will eventually replace) Freesat and Freeview: the clue is in the name.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

Not patronising at all

This message was authored by Katie81M This message was authored by: Katie81M

It took ages for them to understand I was leaving. So, after 2 months they let you go - you post back the Sky Q box and then they say they haven't recieved it - Great. They give you no warning and now i'm inundated with BPO debt collector calls and emails for £72 as a late charge or unreturned box charge; they're not quite sure.  Not once have I recieved a bill and trying to get them to answer me and not a bot is nearly impossible. (Removed) in customer service is beyond rude.

I'm very glad im out of this service after being with them for years!! There is no appreciation for  customer loyalty. I would have recommended them until this as although i no longer really watch normal TV the service and format was good. I simply hadn't encountered this part of the team before. 

Moderator note: Removed identifiable details

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Katie81M wrote:

They give you no warning and now i'm inundated with BPO debt collector calls and emails for £72 as a late charge or unreturned box charge; they're not quite sure.  Not once have I recieved a bill and trying to get them to answer me and not a bot is nearly impossible.

Odd. Sky send multiple messages requesting the return of their equipment and further messages warning of the impending charge.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Katie81M 

Usually when it gets to the stage of your receiving calls from a debt collection agency, Sky have 'sold' the debt to that company and should you get through to Sky they might only be able to confirm the company they passed it to, their contact details and the amount involved. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Did you not read my whole message.  Box has been returned.  No bill has ever been sent for any charges. Either you work for sky or are a troll - please don't try to tell me what usually happens as if you are a customer how would you even know what happens when a customer ends the contract. 

Yes, I've got through to them today. They are looking for the box in their warehouse so hopefully charge will be dropped. But passing to a debt collector before sending me a bill or anything is not great customer service, especially when I've sent the box back. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Katie81M wrote:

Either you work for sky or are a troll 

@Katie81M 

@Mark39 and myself are customers just like you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by LFQ This message was authored by: LFQ

Well said. I've had this before from these "not a sky employee types." Telling me I can't mess about with the telephone port on my own house as it's the property of BT.

Only came on her to say I cancelled after 18 years. Firestick (removed) for me.

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed innapropriate remarks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion