Discussion topic: If i cancel sky can my husband register as a new customer from the same address and get a reduced pa

This message was authored by amyack This message was authored by: amyack

If i cancel sky can my husband register as a new customer from the same address and get a reduced pa

I am not happy with the increased payment this year. I have been with sky for 23 years and apparently I am penalised for this. If I was a new customer I would get a much cheaper deal.

If I were to cancel my subscription would my husband be able to register as a new customer using the same address? Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: If i cancel sky can my husband register as a new customer from the same address and get a reduce

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@amyack  Instead of what you intend to do why don't you contact sky and negotiate a price in return for a new minimum term 

if you receive an offer that you find acceptable you need to take it on the spot as it won't be available next time you call 

you could still attempt to do as you intend but beware sky might get twitchy if the surname is the same and there hasn't been a gap of more than 12 months without service at the same address 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
amyack
Topic Author
This message was authored by amyack This message was authored by: amyack

Re: If i cancel sky can my husband register as a new customer from the same address and get a reduce

I have tried that but they are still charging me £20 a month more!

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@amyack  if you go through with the cancellation you might come back offers which are cheaper no guarantee though 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion