Discussion topic: I received a call from sky

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: I received a call from sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark39 wrote:

@TM777 wrote:

She hung up.... not sure if Ive just talked myself out of a deal or not but I asked her why she is calling me on a mobile phone number and she dodged the question. 

Moderator note: Removed phone number.

Highly unlikely, in my view. The premise for the call sounds suspect from the outset, and the likelihood of Sky offering a 50% discount is very low, given their current strategy when customers try to negotiate a deal on renewal.

No company would call from a 'random' mobile phone number...  Instant red flag.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TM777 This message was authored by: TM777

Yeah my thoughts exactly and 50% off for all customers for the rest of the year! Lol. I asked her why as it doesnt sound like a smart business model and she just kept repeating herself. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TM777 wrote:

Yeah my thoughts exactly and 50% off for all customers for the rest of the year! Lol. I asked her why as it doesnt sound like a smart business model and she just kept repeating herself. 

Perhaps she was hoping that the prospect of a whopping 50% off would overcome any initial reluctance! Didn't work out though..... 

This message was authored by Blackcataps This message was authored by: Blackcataps

Have sky employed an overseas call centre to carry out their marketing? Sorry but if I receive an 0800 number call that first says they are from sky and second they want some of my details from someone who it's obvious English is not their first language the call won't last very long. Will ring Sky myself now and see what they can do about my increasing bill. 

What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger
This message was authored by maunderc This message was authored by: maunderc

Received a call from Sky today trying to sell Sports or Movies. When I said not interested they hung up. As a Diamond member I thought that was rather rude

This message was authored by Ouchio This message was authored by: Ouchio

Received a call 📞 from the same number. I said hello twice, I could hear someone faffing in the background but they didn't say anything. Probably had their headset switched to the ignore setting whilst chewing on a toffee!

Cancelling my contract at renewal, it's not worth the price for loyal customers. 

This message was authored by JanC19 This message was authored by: JanC19

I also received a phone call and they hung up as soon as I said I wanted to get money off bills. I was going to ask about the appalling broadband as well, but as I'm looking into other providers I think I'll just go with them. Sky aren't as good as they used to be. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion