Discussion topic: How do you actually speak to a person at Sky.???

This message was authored by Vicky5678 This message was authored by: Vicky5678

How do you actually speak to a person at Sky.???

I need to speak to an actual person at Sky to speak to them about my account. 
All I get is the automated service which I cannot get past as I am not paying the outstanding bill as there are errors on it. 
I have tried looking online and called about 10 different numbers, all of which ask me for payment or to call back another time when I have a payment card. 
It is ridiculously frustrating.!!! 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: How do you actually speak to a person at Sky.???

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vicky5678  Sky won't speak to you until you pay the outstanding bill, once paid & only when paid will you be able to discuss the bill.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Vicky5678 

I'm afraid what the automated message is telling you is correct. Before Sky reinstate your services you will have to pay what you owe and also set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will also have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only request payment.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but be aware this may not be instant (it also takes longer at a weekend when banks are closed). Once you’ve done all this, if you have a query regarding your bill/payments you can then contact Sky and discuss it.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Vicky5678
Topic Author

I am not paying them the outstanding amount as it is incorrect. 
They are trying to charge me for services I do not have on my account......hence wanting to speak with them to discuss it. 

There must be some way to speak to an actual person without paying money I shouldn't be paying. 

This is massively unprofessional and actually fraudulent in this instance. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Vicky5678 

It is Skys policy that customers in arrears have to pay first then any amount incorrectly applied will be refunded. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Vicky5678  Unless you get get through via a number not linked to your account or by putting 141 before sky's number there's nothing you can do 

even if you get through they may not do anything until you pay first 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Vicky5678
Topic Author

I'm not paying them money they've added to my account and quite frankly it is disgusting to expect a customer to pay out money they do not owe to then have to try and get it back. 

That is unethical and not usual practice of any business. 

The standard practice is to have a number a customer can contact and raise/discuss quieries and irregularities. 
Not pay for services they haven't ordered/subscribed to and then hope for a refund. 

Pretty sure the financial ombudsman would have something to say about this.!!!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Vicky5678 wrote:

I am not paying them the outstanding amount as it is incorrect. 
They are trying to charge me for services I do not have on my account......hence wanting to speak with them to discuss it. 

There must be some way to speak to an actual person without paying money I shouldn't be paying. 

This is massively unprofessional and actually fraudulent in this instance. 

Where's the fraud?. You had the opportunity to speak to them 3 weeks ago when your bill was produced. It's never a good idea simply not to pay. It doesn't give you any leverage, and puts you in breach of contract.. Your best option is to pay what Sky say is due, whereupon you'll be able to raise it with them. If they're wrong, they will of course, refund the overpayment.

@Vicky5678 

Withholding payments is never a good idea. Your services get restricted, late/non payment fees get applied, you won't be able to speak to Sky and if the situation continues they can end your subscription after 56+ days, you'll still be liable for the arrears and Sky could escalate it to a debt recovery company. We've all basically given you the same correct advice. It's your choice whether to take it or not. 

Sky customer since 2001
Vicky5678
Topic Author

"Where's the fraud".?? Really....

The fraud is them adding subscriptions/payments to my account that were not added by me, and then attempting to take money for those fraudulent subscriptions/payments. 

Also, no idea when my bill is produced, I receive no notification or communication from Sky whatsoever and my DD appears to go out on different dates each month. 

You guys have been no help whatsoever and I'm damn sure you would withold payments from a company too that attempted to take fraudulent payments from yourselves.!! 

I'll figure it out myself....

@Vicky5678 wrote:

The fraud is them adding subscriptions/payments to my account that were not added by me, and then attempting to take money for those fraudulent subscriptions/payments. 

May be an error, but not a fraud. There's a big difference.

Also, no idea when my bill is produced, I receive no notification or communication from Sky whatsoever and my DD appears to go out on different dates each month. 

Bills are produced 14 days before your payment date. 

You guys have been no help whatsoever and I'm damn sure you would withold payments from a company too that attempted to take fraudulent payments from yourselves.!! 

Most definitely wouldn't. I would know the likely outcome.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Vicky5678 wrote:

@Vicky5678  your bill is generated 14 days before it's due and is viewable from your online account also 14 days before it's due 

I can't speak for the others but no I wouldn't withhold payment I would query it beforehand like you had the opportunity to do so 

we are only customers just like you and can only advise on sky's policies and procedures as set out by Sky we can't change anything unfortunately 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Vicky5678 wrote:

That's not fraud. Use of exaggerated language doesn't make it so.

BIlls are, and always have been available to view two weeks before payment date. You just have to look.

Seems to me this is a problem largely of your own making.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

What are these subscriptions and payments that have been added?

Perhaps there's an explanation.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Vicky5678 wrote:

Pretty sure the financial ombudsman would have something to say about this.!!!

Yes: they'll say this is not an area which the FCA regulates.

"We can look into most complaints about businesses that provide financial services – things like bank accounts, credit cards and loans, insurance policies, pensions, savings and investments. We can also look at complaints about Claims Management Companies."

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/make-complaint 

They'll also say that no ombudsman or ADR service takes on cases which have not already reached deadlock within the companies own complaints process.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion