Discussion topic: Home move gone wrong - blocked by CR team delay

This message was authored by 19ADW88 This message was authored by: 19ADW88

Home move gone wrong - blocked by CR team delay

Hi all - wondering if anyone has had this experience... Firstly - I love sky and the products I have - it works for my family and I. 
booked home move 2 weeks before the move date as asked, 1 week before Sky say there's an issue. Supposedly the sellers of new house, or their provider, weren't in place for move and rejected the line take over. They promise me they hadn't, BUT sky said they did. That's not the issue. 

my issue is it's now almost a week for sky CR back office team to "cancel down the home move to re-book". Apparently according to Sky BB tech team this is an easy fix but you just have to wait for them to do it. It's now been almost a week, I still can't have my home move re-booked through no fault of mine and Sky team cannot do anything to escalate. I'm moving on Tuesday 16th Jan and won't have any internet for home working or SKY glass. 
I've done everything asked and seems sky team you speak to cannot do anything. I can't speak to anyone to escalate (I don't want to leave but even cancellations can't help) and no one seems to be able to contact the CR back office team. I'm a bit stuck - 2 young children moving into a house that I understand needs internet to run the smart heating system. Oh how reliant on internet we are now! 
I've always been impressed with Sky Customer service but the Home move department (not the call handlers they are great) are not providing customers a good service. They want to help but just can't. I appreciate I'm not the only person with an issue but this long to resolve when they ask you for 2 weeks notice is unacceptable. 

has anyone experienced same issue and have any advice - I'm told all they can do is wait for the CR team to, I quote, "click a couple buttons and send it back". I understand home move bookings now going into next month. It's not good enough. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Home move gone wrong - blocked by CR team delay

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

CRFs usually take a few days, but I imagine it depends on workload, probably not helped by an extra volume and closures over the festive period.

The smart heating system in your new home should, like mine, be capable of manual control so that it can still be used in the absence of an internet connection. That won't help with your Glass tv, though it can be used to receive the Freeview channels if your new home has a  TV aerial.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion