Discussion topic: Don’t want to renew my contract, what do it do?

This message was authored by MKM89 This message was authored by: MKM89

Don’t want to renew my contract, what do it do?

Hello, 

My contract ends on 10th April I don't want to renew it what do I need to do. I don't want it to automatically renew!!

Matt

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Don’t want to renew my contract, what do it do?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MKM89 Your not talking directly with Sky, this is a customer helps customer forum only with no account access,you can’t cancel/downgrade online I’m afraid

if you wish to cancel/downgrade choose an option on the link below (which includes a message service - not available in ROI) (just click on yes I need more help)

or If you have sky talk landline or mobile call 150

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#M1014

Note that if your within a minimum term (most Sky contracts have a minimum term of 18 months) for the service you wish to cancel you may not be able to

Also note you have to give the required relevant notice to cancel which is 31 days for tv and 14 days for broadband

Additional information on Broadband: If you are changing to Virgin or cancelling broadband totally you'll have to contact Sky This link should help

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband#M1014

If you are changing to another ISP who uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf

If in ROI make sure the flag in bottom right hand corner is set to ROI and refresh the page before selecting an option

apparently best times to call are first thing in the morning 7am or last thing at night 9pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You can give notice to leave if you don't want to continue, you have to give 31 days notice to cancel the TV side of things and for broadband you just sign up to a new supplier who will take over your line and inform Sky. If you plan to go to Virgin you would need to cancel Sky Broadband first.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Your minimum term may end, but your contract doesn't, unless you cancel.

If you don't want to continue with your Sky services after 10 April, you would need to give notice to cancel - 31 days notice for Sky TV and 15 days for broadband / phone.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion