Discussion topic: Complaint regarding multiple issues including Billing

This message was authored by Amna4 This message was authored by: Amna4

Complaint regarding multiple issues including Billing

I am writing to formally lodge a complaint regarding several serious issues I have encountered with Sky Mobile. These issues pertain to incorrect billing practices, a lack of transparency regarding international call charges, poor network coverage, and an inability to access my billing information, all of which have caused significant inconvenience and financial hardship. 1. Failure to Provide Accurate Billing Notifications I recently discovered a direct debit of £166.00 from my account, of which only £16.99 was my regular monthly charge. The remaining amount was due to international calls that I was never properly informed about. While I received a vague text message stating that my charges had increased, no specific amount was mentioned, and I was unable to access my bill due to ongoing errors with your system. It is unreasonable to expect customers to "check Google" for international call rates, as suggested by your representative. Most other networks provide immediate or prior notifications about charges when making international calls. Sky’s failure to do so resulted in my incurring significant charges without being made aware of the exact cost. Had I been informed of the actual charges or been able to access my billing information, I would never have continued making international calls. 2. Inability to Access Billing Information For several months, I have been unable to view my bills via the Sky online portal due to persistent errors. This means that I could not monitor my charges and usage in real-time, which directly contributed to this issue. Sky has access to the billing PDF, but I do not, which is a serious breach of transparency and customer service standards. 3. Network and Service Issues Additionally, I have been facing ongoing network issues in my area, including extremely poor signal strength and an inability to use mobile data in locations such as malls. Despite these long-standing problems, I continued paying for a service that does not meet the expected standards outlined in our contract. I have already contacted your technical department about these network problems and followed all the steps and troubleshooting processes provided by your IT support team. Despite these efforts, the issues persist, and I continue to experience inadequate network performance. This indicates that the problem is on Sky’s end and not due to any fault on my part. 4. Contractual Concerns I understand that Sky has referred to the contract I signed 7 months ago, stating that international charges are mentioned there. However, it is impractical to expect customers to refer to their contract before making every call, particularly when Sky failed to provide real-time or post-call charge notifications, as many other telecom providers do. 5. Actions Taken I have taken the step of cancelling the direct debit authorization due to the unauthorized and unexplained charges. Until this matter is resolved, I will not be making further payments to Sky. Resolution Requested: In light of these issues, I am requesting the following actions: Immediate cancellation of my Sky Mobile contract without penalty due to the failure of service delivery and billing transparency. A full refund or removal of all international call charges added to my account, as I was not adequately informed about these costs before or after the calls were made. Compensation for the stress and financial burden caused by the unexpected £166.00 debit and the persistent service issues. I trust you will take this complaint seriously and respond within 7 days. If I do not receive a satisfactory response, I will be escalating this matter to CISAS (the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme) for independent arbitration, and I will also be reporting this issue to Ofcom for investigation into Sky’s practices regarding billing transparency and service quality. I hope we can resolve this matter promptly and without further escalation. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your prompt response. Sincerely, Amna

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Complaint regarding multiple issues including Billing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can't raise a complaint on a public forum.

Try here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

You can't raise a complaint on a public forum.

Try here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Amna4 

This is where to make a complaint:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Amna4 

As you've stated you've cancelled your direct debit you've breached your contract so unless reinstated your Sky services will be restricted and you won't be able to speak to Sky. 

edit: @Amna4 your duplicate thread on the Mobile board has been removed as you already have this one. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Amna4
Topic Author

Okay I reinstated. Now please suggest me a solution for these issues?

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Amna4 wrote:

Now please suggest me a solution for these issues?

You realise we're other customers here and not Sky customer services?

We can only give our opinions on your circumstances.  (I would note the contract does make it clear about call charges and a link to the tariff.  Yes, you would be expected to check it before making International calls.  Only certain numbers are inclusive in your plan)

Amna4
Topic Author

Contract i signed in Feb. Do you think that before making any call internationally an average consumer checks the contract first and then call? 

Other networks don't work like that 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Amna4 

I have never had the need to make international calls on my Sky mobile but should the need ever arise I'd certainly be checking the most up to date tariff to see the relevant charges to that country. It's surely down to the individual to make themselves aware of this information to prevent this very scenario. . 

Sky customer since 2001
Amna4
Topic Author

It is not 100% my fault that I did not check tariffs before because when I used Giffgaff and O2 they always used to provide real-time data while during the call so I never had to check for those. They always used to notify me. It's the responsibility of the network provider as well to tell customer that this much amount has been deducted to will be deducted if you want to continue with call or not. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Amna4 wrote:

Contract i signed in Feb. Do you think that before making any call internationally an average consumer checks the contract first and then call? 

Personally I would say it's an individuals responsibility to check and understand the various call rates that are part of a phone package they have signed up to, particularly if intending to make calls things like international calls which are outside most standard call packages and allowances.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You're, making a big assumption that all networks work the same way. You're 100% responsible for managing your financial affairs, including checking your bills, not Sky.

@Amna4 wrote:
I am requesting the following actions: Immediate cancellation of my Sky Mobile contract without penalty due to the failure of service delivery and billing transparency.

Sky are under no obligation to release you from the contract you agreed to. 
A full refund or removal of all international call charges added to my account, as I was not adequately informed about these costs before or after the calls were made.

I'd be very surprised it any of these charges were reimbursed as the calls were made and the charges incurred.
Compensation for the stress and financial burden caused by the unexpected £166.00 debit and the persistent service issues. 

There is no provision for compensation in this scenario. 

I'm afraid your expectations are unrealistic. 

Sky customer since 2001
Amna4
Topic Author

Firstly I don't make international calls regularly. It was one of the odd. Second thing is that I wasn't being notified about the amount that has been charged. I wasn't able to access my bill. I still can't access it then how would I be able to know what are the charges I am going to encounter. I noticed this when the amount has been debited from my account. That is not fair on consumer. Sky must need to improve their services in terms of transparency. Apart from this, Sky services are very poor and over priced as compared to other networks. 

Overall I am not happy with Sky at all. Poor coverage, poor quality of Internet, poor packages in contrast to their prices, poor user interface of their app, lack of transparency in their charges.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

What have you done about the problem with viewing your bill?

Amna4
Topic Author

I have informed Sky that I can't view my billing. I don't know what is the issue. They said they will look in to it but I am still not able to access it

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion