Discussion topic: Cancel discovery plus

This message was authored by Gooner2003 This message was authored by: Gooner2003

Re: Unable to Cancel discovery plus

I have been trying to sort this for weeks just going round in circles, I am waiting to hear back from BT technical team who are in contact with Discovery to sort this out!

This message was authored by Tangle This message was authored by: Tangle

Re: Cancel discovery plus

If you check out the BT community their tech people will help - I had the same problem  and I'm sorted out now

This message was authored by Gooner2003 This message was authored by: Gooner2003

I have been in contact with BT & they are blaming Discovery & they are saying to phone sky to cancel discovery but sky say they can't cancel it!

This message was authored by Tangle This message was authored by: Tangle

BT cancelled the activation and I signed up to discovery plus through them with a different email address. So 2 accounts! 😀 

This message was authored by Paul90 This message was authored by: Paul90

Yes, after many hours on the phone with BT and Sky, a very, very helpful guy from BT's tech team in Newcastle sorted it. Firstly, he got me to change the email account on Discovery to one that I don't use. Then I signed out of Discovery. Secondly, he changed the status of Discovery on my account. Vefore that, it was "Active" with no option to change it so he changed it to so that I could "activate" it. Lo and behold when I tried to sign into Discovery, it asked me to sign up (I used my primary email) and when I did, it said subscription via EE or BT and NOT Sky!!! 

There is no way that a user can switch their sub via BT on Discovery if your BT account says discovery is active - it has to be done by BT's tech team. I was very, very grateful when he fixed it!

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

@jusael wrote:

Hi all, when I signed up for the free year I am sure it said to cancel after a year as I assume you to have to pay past that point. How do I cancel to avoid payments

There is no charge after a year. Sky customers get Discovery+ (without TNT) included at no cost. 

When I try & change my email address on the Discovery account I don't receive the email to change.

This message was authored by RobertJMe This message was authored by: RobertJMe

Re: Cancel discovery plus to activate TNT Sports through BT Discovery plus account

Problem solved.

I had Discovery plus through Sky, without TNT Sports (old BT).

When I tried to log in through BT, I couldnt because my ID/email address was the same one I used through Sky. Sky and BT couldnt sort it. They talk about unlinking it but they cant explain what that is.

However, if you log in through your free sky account, change the email to a different email address, save changes, they will send you an email for verification. You need to log in using the old email that will then say email changed. You can them go and activate through BT using the email ID you use for BT and log in.

I don't understand what you done, on my discovery account it shows both EE & sky pass but TNT doesn't work, going round in cirlcles.

This message was authored by RobertJMe This message was authored by: RobertJMe

Re: Cancel discovery plus to activate TNT Sports through BT Discovery plus account

Edit above post, I can log in but still no TNT Sports Aaggh!!! Phoned BT, they said will phone me back within 48 hours. This is ridiculous!!!

I have been trying to sort this out for weeks! Honestly nobody knows what to do about it! I have been in touch with BT technical department, Discovery & EE! If it's not sorted by the 12th I am cancelling everything with EE.

This message was authored by petesplace This message was authored by: petesplace

I have a similar problem I am linked to Discovery Plus with my Sky ID but I cannot watch it because two years ago I subscribed to discover a plus away from Sky because I paid them enough I enjoy watching snooker more choices on Discovery Plus than with Eurosport but when Discovery Plus with TNT  sports became free for Sky Q customers I tried everything to get this to work phone calls emails nobody knew how to cancel my link with Discovery Plus recently I got a new television a Samsung just give me more choice got in touch with Discovery Plus told them my problem they told me it was the Sky iD that was a problem I had an old email which I told them about they told me on the Samsung TV use the old email on Discovery Plus so I did this and now it works on the Samsung TV I have Discovery plus and TNT Sports free even though I'm a sky Q customer and subscribe to TNT sports through Sky I still cannot access it on the Sky platform but on my TV it is fine as it happens I am watching snooker now heard nothing from Sky after numerous phone calls it was discovered Plus that solved  my problem the customer service on Skyis pathetic have no idea what they're doing

This message was authored by Iainstatham This message was authored by: Iainstatham

I had to change my email address so the one on my EE contract wasn't the same as the one I had with sky as the customer service teams within sky tnt and EE was as much use as a chocolate teapot 

Mine works fine now since I changed emails over 

Good luck

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion