Discussion topic: Cancel discovery plus

This message was authored by Kellylouise128 This message was authored by: Kellylouise128

Cancel discovery plus

Can someone tell me how to cancel discovery plus please discovery plus tells me I have to cancel though sky sky are telling me I have to cancel though discovery plus I'm confused 

Best Answers
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

Re: Cancel discovery plus

@jusael wrote:

Hi all, when I signed up for the free year I am sure it said to cancel after a year as I assume you to have to pay past that point. How do I cancel to avoid payments

There is no charge after a year. Sky customers get Discovery+ (without TNT) included at no cost. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you are not paying for it then as it is free then you don't need to cancel it. If you are paying for it via Sky then you will need to call them to cancel it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Kellylouise128
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kellylouise128 This message was authored by: Kellylouise128

Thankyou for your reply im not paying for it but wasn't sure after the free year how I cancelled so I don't get charged 

Someone can confirm this but I'm pretty sure the free period was extended for another year, depending on your account settings you might have been sent an email about it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Kellylouise128
Topic Author

Oh thankyou ill look into that thanks again for your help 

This message was authored by Debbie1202 This message was authored by: Debbie1202

I'm having the same problem right now if anyone's figured it out that would be great

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@caesarome wrote:

Someone can confirm this but I'm pretty sure the free period was extended for another year, depending on your account settings you might have been sent an email about it.

I have extended mine FOC.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Kellylouise128 @Debbie1202 

There's no indication Discovery have started charging any app users signed up through Sky: in fact they widened the 'free' offering by adding Sports access.

Personally I suspect the long-term intent is to boost user numbers now and then start charging once HBO content is folded into the app (or its replacement) for Sky territories in a couple of years time.

https://cordcuttersnews.com/everything-we-know-about-the-newly-merged-discovery-hbo-max-service-incl... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Iainstatham This message was authored by: Iainstatham

So my issue is ... I'm with EE phone contract and recieve BT sport free this is changing to TNT sport via discovery plus .

Now I already have account with discovery plus via sky which is free (don't have the sport) when I go to log in the discovery plus app it all goes wrong as I can't use my BT log in details which is the same email address I use for sky . Aftwr live chat with discovery plus they told me I need to get sky to cancel my subscription via sky then get back in touch and they will move my BT sport account over great I thought .

One hr 10 min on sky being passed around to three different parts of the country each time having to go through the same info as no one had bothered to input anything to be told by the cancellation team it isn't them its down to tech team to be told NO we can't help with this its cancellation team playing tennis from team to team then phone goes down amazing company 

So tomorrow its back in the phone to sky 

This message was authored by Gooner2003 This message was authored by: Gooner2003

Hi, did you sort this issue as I am having the same problem.

This message was authored by Tangle This message was authored by: Tangle

I've also got the same problem. Pay for sports with BT but originally activated discovery plus through Sky. BT account shows activation but can't watch TNT channels on the discovery plus app

This message was authored by Iainstatham This message was authored by: Iainstatham

I had to log in to discovery plus on sky and change my email address so it wasn't the same one I used with bt sports via EE this worked for me so far so good . I spent 3 days on the phone and live chat with sky and discovery plus and EE all no help at all. Good luck

This message was authored by jusael This message was authored by: jusael

Hi all, when I signed up for the free year I am sure it said to cancel after a year as I assume you to have to pay past that point. How do I cancel to avoid payments

@jusael 

For Sky Stream puck or Sky Q - Press Home on your Sky remote, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll then see a screen with your purchases. Select Your products. You’ll then be asked to enter your Sky TV PIN number.

Then follow the prompts to cancel.

This message was authored by Paul90 This message was authored by: Paul90

Re: Unable to Cancel discovery plus

I have exactly the same problem. I have BT sports which changes to TNT via Discovery plus. When I try to activate TNT on Discovery Plus, it says I already have active subscription via Sky. So I try to delete my activation but you cannot delete via Discovery plus - it says you have to go through the company supplying the subscription. So then I tried to delete the free Discovery plus that I apparently have with Sky - but the system does not allow it. So I tried to change the email address on Discovery plus - but it still points to Sky subscription. So I try going via APPS on Sky Q  (as a recent contributor suggested) and it shows the Discovery plus as an active app - but there is no delete button. Needless to say I have spent many, many hours going round various cancellation teams, tech teams, app teams with both BT and Sky - listened to hours of droning musak - and have got nowhere. So, I will now pay for TNT Sports on BT but I will cease to be able to view it on 12 October and it will cost me £150+ to cancel my subs, but I cannot view it on Discovery Plus as my subscription is via Sky and I do not want to pay another £25 for it. I am pulling out what hair I have left. Can anyone help? Neither Sky nor BT appear able to help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion