Discussion topic: Bill

This message was authored by Moradeib This message was authored by: Moradeib

Re: Distorted picture

Go to the settings, system info, software version, even if it says you have the correct one still go to setup and click software download, once it has completed restart the Sky Q box.

I did this and it seems to have sorted the pixelating on the Disney plus app. Hope this helps you.

This message was authored by FredMel This message was authored by: FredMel

@Moradeib thanks. That helped, pixellation much reduced, though still not perfect.

This message was authored by DaveDn This message was authored by: DaveDn

We were having this. What fixed it for us was changing the resolution on the Sky box from 1080p. We went up to 2160p 10-bit and that seems to have completely fixed it. 

Settings > Setup > Audio Visual > Picture resolution. 

I've always used the high res Sky settings. Although the situation improved when I forced the update, as suggested by @Moradeib, I'm still getting some pixellation & will continue using my Samsung's inbuilt streaming apps until Sky resolve this problem satisfactorily.

This message was authored by Lal1121 This message was authored by: Lal1121

I've been having the same issue. Your not alone. Sound quality is fine but the picture from time to time keeps going blurry then sorts it self out. Disney + fine in phone so must be sky box related. 

I've forced an update although apparently to the same software version. Will see how it goes 

Just a heads up for all. I forced the update through the settings on the sky Q box and so far 🤞 I haven't had the blurry screen once tonight whilst watching Disney + 

I did the same & it seemed better for a while but soon reverted to the pixellated behaviour. Will continue to use my TV built in apps.

This message was authored by Tina1961 This message was authored by: Tina1961

How do you force the update please?

This message was authored by Sparkymatt100 This message was authored by: Sparkymatt100

Its always advisable to use the TV's inbuilt apps anyway as they are optimised for the TV and perform much better than the apps on the Sky box.

LG OLED65C3" 4K HDR TV
Sky Q 2Tb HDR
Mini Box

Sky Superfast Broadband
This message was authored by Sleekitwan This message was authored by: Sleekitwan

Got a 55" Samsung tv, followed advice here to use the Disney+ app on the Samsung directly, instead of the SkyQ box version, and this seems to have fixed the issue for us.  NOTE of course, the caveat is that as many Samsung owners know, you are short of the 2Gb memory you are meant to have (!), for storing apps etc, and must make room for the Disney + app to load, or even to enable the coded login process that involves 'a mobile device' as the Disney+ app says.

Hence, I kicked an app out of the Samsung 'home' horizontal list of apps, one we don't use much first.  Only then would the login process using QR code on screen ,and a code after that using on-screen displayed digits.

That's it, thanks for everyone's help here.  Issues Compounded by wind effects on the BT line - different symptoms, but you don;t know what's what at the time...Sky engineer came out, though it's pot luck to even get there depending on the sky support...Sky engineer agreed it seemed plausible it was a BT cable swinging in the wind, making Sky hub disconnect and reconnect repeatedly...BT Engineer unfortunately steadfastly refused to accept the logic that my bungee cords making the cable static in the increasing wind, successfully and immediately halting the wind-related hub reconnects, was an actual thing.

Thus, I had a difference of opinion, after that BT/Openreach engineer refused to acceot the logic of my fix/bodge.  He said he'd trust his ten grand of diagnostics kit, over my £3 bungee cord fix/bodge.  My view is the opposite - my fix/bodge is sos simple and so demonstrably connected with a successful fix of the hub reboots, it's unassailable.  His kit, is designed to 'prove' the problem lies in kit either upstream or downstream of the BT part.  The BT/Openreach engineer refusal to prioritise the user's experience over some very slanted tests, leads them to be pretty offensive, they end up outright saying your first-hand observation of symptoms and change of symptoms following your intervention, is silly/moot/nothing compared to their expertise and testing.  !

This is not the first time I have had this BT/Openreach refusal to climb a pole, or to accept intermittent faults really exist, or can be due to a swinging cable in the wind.  I could tell him about metal fatigue and so on, stress concentrators, but what's the point.  I will re-attach the bungee when the wind kicks up enough to reboot the hub again.  This is what happens when a monopolistic situation is permitted in an allegedly free-market situation.

That's truly it.  I ought not to have to fault-find and fix our telecomms.  One last point - according to Sky personnel's interrogation of our line records, it increasingly-badly disconnected and reconnected on the 5th, 6th and 7th of this month Sep 2024.  It is indisputable the wind worsened in our area over those days, and that after my bungee attachment on the 7th, at 20:47 hrs, the reconnects/reboots almost immediately were wholly cured.

The BT engineer, ignored all this, which was stated to him.  The mention of cross-referencing technical dropouts with weather maps for the area, had him virtually snort with derision.  I told him it was arrogance, he got stroppy.  Another terrible BT Openreach experience.

Good luck, I hope you only have problems within the sky and tv bubble!

IRM

Anyone else still having this issue? Mine still hasn't been resolved 

This message was authored by Moradeib This message was authored by: Moradeib

Had a message from Sky saying they are looking into it, as a few people had said about the issue, but that was a couple of weeks ago, and this problem has been going on for months. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There's another very long thread on pixellation in apps and yes Sky are apparently still working on it. Did laugh at the unrelated bungee cord anecdote. Interesting, obviously those lines are engineered to work in high winds, suggests maybe there's damage to the cable or connection point which the bungee is mitigating. Going to un-mark the answer post as an answer as it's not.

This message was authored by jizzer64 This message was authored by: jizzer64

Having same issues pixelation poor picture ...I don't think the sky q box has the power/grunt to play the content ...I thought I had read somewhere that the Netflix ...Disney apps etc are hosted in the cloud on the sky platform When I play through my LG oled the pictures are markedly improved and no pixelation or sound drop outs ... for the cost paid to sky these apps should be watchable and good quality ....and they are not 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion