Discussion topic: Renew Contract with Sky Q

This message was authored by lynbird This message was authored by: lynbird

Renew Contract with Sky Q

Hi, 

My contract with Sky Q ends in a little over a month, but I'm unable to find the button to renew my contract with the same package. I'm only being given the option to "Upgrade" with extra things like Sky Cinema etc. 

Is the option to renew not available until it's under 30 days or do I have to painfully go through the phone to get a simple task done?

Thank you for your help 🙂 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Renew Contract with Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lynbird 

Your contract doesn't end until you cancel it. It's discounts that are ending.

If your discounts are ending you can contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal or potentially amend your package which will require another 24 month minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer you another discount and it seems discounts are becoming more difficult to come by, so if you’re offered something acceptable be prepared to agree to it there and then because if you decide to think about it the offer may no longer be available when you call back.

You can either call Sky or use the following link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@lynbird 

Your contract doesn't end until you cancel it. It's discounts that are ending.

If your discounts are ending you can contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal or potentially amend your package which will require another 24 month minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer you another discount and it seems discounts are becoming more difficult to come by, so if you’re offered something acceptable be prepared to agree to it there and then because if you decide to think about it the offer may no longer be available when you call back.

You can either call Sky or use the following link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

Sky customer since 2001
lynbird
Topic Author
This message was authored by lynbird This message was authored by: lynbird

Thank you, @Daniel0210 , for these insights. 

So, Sky no longer provide contracts; it's discounts that run for an amount of time? 

I'll wait to see if I get a message from them like I did with my broadband and go from there. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@lynbird wrote:

So, Sky no longer provide contracts; it's discounts that run for an amount of time? 

@lynbird 

Incorrect.

Sky provided contracts that run until you cancel them. The onus is on the customer to negotiate a discount for a set period (now 24 months) to make the payments less. At the end of that period, the contract continues, but unless you negotiate a new discount you continue to pay the full standard price for that subscription. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

It's standard practise for the industry for contracts to have minimum terms and then a customer has to give notice to cancel. If that didn't exist then many people would lose their internet access when their broadband contracts expire, which would cause a lot of annoyance and outrage.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion