This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

UKTV Alibi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Has UKTV Alibi been taken off air?

On Sky+ it is just showing a loop of the UKTV logo

I can access it on Sky Go

Ignore it's back now, typical

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: UKTV Alibi

It looks like some channels are showing their logos in place of adverts as I was watching the Yesterday channel last night and for the first advert break the ads did appear as usual but for the other two they just showed their logo with some background music playing before returning to the program. Probably in respect to the Queen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

It looks like some channels are showing their logos in place of adverts as I was watching the Yesterday channel last night and for the first advert break the ads did appear as usual but for the other two they just showed their logo with some background music playing before returning to the program. Probably in respect to the Queen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Annie+UK
Topic Author
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Brilliant, thanks, if only they put "programme will follow shortly" at the bottom that would explain it to all

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@caesarome wrote:

Yes I was watching Alibi last night when they also put up a banner stating there was breaking news and to go to BBC News

I think all the UKTV group of channels will be doing the same.

I admit it took me a little by surprise that they have suspended the adverts and are still doing so as I write this but I feel it is a very respectful action & admire them for being prepared to do this

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Not just uktv, discovery's eurosport cut out thd ads of the vuelta highlights last night so instead of an hour, it was 45 minutes long. They also had the banner at the bottom from 6:30pm about the death.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Bt sports are also doing the same place holders instead of ads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Annie+UK wrote:

Has UKTV Alibi been taken off air?

On Sky+ it is just showing a loop of the UKTV logo

I can access it on Sky Go

Ignore it's back now, typical

Aderts were removed on UKTV channels in respect to the Queen. The channel logos was displayed in replace of the adverts to ensure that the schedule didn't change and the channels would not run early.

"UKTV channels have been screening a holding slide during breaks to ensure scheduled programmes stil...

- RX:TV Info

Many other channels such as

• Channel 4,
  • BBC One (ads for BBC shows),
  • BBC Two (ads for BBC shows),
  • BBC Three,
  • BBC Four,
  • BBC Red Button 1,
  • ITV,
  • Channel 5,
  • UKTV channels
  • shopping channels,
  • music channels,
  • Sky Showcase,
  • Sky Sports News,
  • Sky Sports Racing,
  • Sky News,
  • GINX eSports

all dropped adverts or replaced their content with a static image either of the Queen or saying there's a major news incident. 

More info can be found here: https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/recordings-may-fail-as-schedules-continue-to-change

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion