Discussion topic: live sport not on

This message was authored by no+live+sport This message was authored by: no+live+sport

live sport not on

As there is no live sport at the moment i am still paying my full subscription is this to be refunded as money is more important than what is going on at the moment . Angry

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: live sport not on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@no+live+sport 

No you won't get any refund and I would imagine most customers would not expect one or be thinking along those lines. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@no+live+sport 

The sport that was to be televised will be re-scheduled and probably a lot of it will be broadcast at that time. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

The premier league, wsl, and efl that are postponed this weekend will be rescheduled so overall you won't miss any.

At the minute, there is live bundesliga,  rugby, golf is at 9pm, American football started last night and four matches live on this weekend on sky sports, 

More bundesliga tomorrow, golf too, f1 qualifying with race on sunday, mls too, sailing also over the weekend, indycar,  rugby from austrailia I think so there is plenty of sport on sky sports this weekend

I don't  think they'll agree there is no live sport on.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

I think many of us may find it slightly annoyong that The Premier League, Chamionship, League One/Two and Scottish leagues are off this weekend as well. But it is such a big time of reflection, change and events for our country that I can see why certain factions of our society may want or need to take the decision.

But for multi sports fans, there will be live test cricket, pga golf and F1 this weekend on Sky Sports, that I will be watching.
Plus, plenty of other live Sport that many others may want to watch instead.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@no+live+sport wrote:

As there is no live sport at the moment i am still paying my full subscription is this to be refunded as money is more important than what is going on at the moment . Angry

Live sport is not on due to the Queen's passing. 

With the subscription from Sky, which you agreed to, Sky nor the broadcasters can be held responsible for emergency measures, such as the 7/7 attack (2005), London looting (2011), the Queen's passing that may cause channel/programme disruption where interests of national security/information will always prevail.

Also, you agreed and acknowledged the following or similar with the contract between you and Sky:

Excerpt from Sky Q (ROI) contract (NEXT STEPS section, "Will the Service change" subsection):
"The Service may change, as it is variable. This means that we can change programming, change or withdraw any Option or Additional TV Service, and change, withdraw or interrupt the Channels you receive in your Service. Your chosen Option may offer you a variety of Channels and content which are broadcast or made available by various broadcasters, including Sky. Although we aim to provide Channels and content that covers a wide range of interests, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the availability of any particular Channel or programme."

Excerpt from Sky Q (ROI) contract (page 5, section 3(a) ) :
"We can replace or withdraw advertised or other programmes. We can change or reduce the number of hours of any Channel’s broadcast. We may encrypt or unencrypt any Channel. Although we aim to provide channels and on demand content that cover a wide range of interests, we cannot guarantee the availability of any particular channel or programme."

So with all that said, you can't "claim" a refund. Sky may, at their descression, provide something for their customers as an apology, but they have no obligation to do so. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion