Discussion topic: Sky sports main event in 4K

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Sky sports main event in 4K

From this Wednesday (27 July 2022) Sky will start broadcasting the Sky Sports Main Event channel in Ultra high definition (4K) HDR.

It will be available on channel 858 on satellite and channel 3049 on Sky Glass.

The channel will only be available on Sky Q boxes or their Sky Glass TV’s.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky sports main event in 4K

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

From this Wednesday (27 July 2022) Sky will start broadcasting the Sky Sports Main Event channel in Ultra high definition (4K) HDR.

It will be available on channel 858 on satellite and channel 3049 on Sky Glass.

The channel will only be available on Sky Q boxes or their Sky Glass TV’s.

All old news @Super+Anthony 

All listed in channel changes in the What's on forum

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-July-2022/td-p/4042316 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Super+Anthony  As per @oldfella  it's already listed within this thread https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-July-2022/td-p/4042316

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

No need to be so rude

There might be some people who are unaware, so I am just letting others know 

You obviously know so there is no need to respond

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you though for the changes link that's very helpful

This message was authored by RobH82 This message was authored by: RobH82

[removed]

Moderator note: removed inappropriate comment

"Research before you buy"
This message was authored by NewtonBoy This message was authored by: NewtonBoy

So ATM there's HD golf being upscaled to UHD/HDR.    Are Sky going to highlight when they're broadcasting native UHD/HDR?

This message was authored by smurph69 This message was authored by: smurph69

My issue (from a Sky Q user, that detected 8-bit when setting UHD), when I watch the UHD feed on Sky Sports, the feed is slightly dark on the contrast side, and this has happened for the past year for the football, cricket and Formula 1, and makes it looked dull compare the the HD feed.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@NewtonBoy this issue has been raised in the private Superuser forum but as yet Sky have not commented. They do vary the on screen DOG on Sky sports F1 UHD feed where pre and post race content from Sky's own content which is native HD so no UHD in the DOG and the F1 TV cameras which are UHD and the DOG changes. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Neilos7 This message was authored by: Neilos7

I only subscribe to the 2 Sky football channels not all Sky Sports.  I also have the HD and Ultra HD package.

However I cannot watch the Scottish Football in Ultra HDR as it asks me to upgrade to all the Sky Sports.  I dont watch other sports, so I wont pay for things I wont watch.

If this is now the case I will cancel the Ultra HD package as I cannot watch it under this set up.  Last season I could watch Ultra HD for all football.

They must have fixed this for the 2nd half of the Scottich Football  as its now working without asking me to upgrade.  New Season teething problems I suspect.

Its doing it again today. 

Now its stating Ultra HD requires COMPLETE SKY SPORTS so I cannot watch the Championship match in Ultra HD.  So I am paying for Ultra HD but cannot use it unless i get all the Sports chanels even though I only watch football.  Great move Sky.  

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Neilos7 wrote:

Its doing it again today. 

Now its stating Ultra HD requires COMPLETE SKY SPORTS so I cannot watch the Championship match in Ultra HD.  So I am paying for Ultra HD but cannot use it unless i get all the Sports chanels even though I only watch football.  Great move Sky.  

@Neilos7  this has been highlighted to Sky in a closed forum 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

So should i cancel the Ultra HD or will it be sorted out?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Neilos7  From what I've heard single sports subscribers should have access to it, so there's probably a fault or someone has forgot to switch it on for single subs as per your experience yesterday 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion