Discussion topic: Paramount Plus Scream 5

This message was authored by TinkFoxclaw This message was authored by: TinkFoxclaw

Paramount Plus Scream 5

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. When they advertised the new Paramount Plus for Sky, they showed that we should have the movie Scream 5 on there. I got really excited because I love that movie, and I have searched and looked everyday since having Paramount Plus and they only have Scream 1, 2, and 3. There is no Scream 4 or 5 on there. I don't understand why it's not on Paramount plus? Is it because Sky are selling Scream 5 in the Sky Store so we won't get it in Paramount Plus until Sky release it on Sky Premiere? I have noticed for people who pay £6.99 a month for the streaming service, they get Scream 5.  Don't get me wrong I like having Paramount Plus for free, and I appreciate Sky doing that for their customers, I just don't get why they would advertise the movie being on there but it's not.🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm a huge fan of horror and I love the scream movies, so I am upset that it wasn't on there. I also don't get why they don't have Scream 4 either? I tried messaging Sky on Facebook about it, they didn't give me a reason as to why it isn't on there, they just gave me a link to unsubscribe from Paramount Plus. So that wasn't great customer service. Is anyone else getting the same issue? Or does anybody have any information about this subject at all please? 🙂

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Paramount Plus Scream 5

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @TinkFoxclaw 

I am afraid I have no idea regarding the Scream movies. 

The first thing you need to be aware is that Paramount + is independent of SKY and SKY have no control over their content. 

It is a partner, similar to Netflix or Disney + - although they are owned by the same Parent Company - Comcast. 

Secondly you also need to be aware that Paramount+ UK has separate content to the US so if you read that something is available via Paramount + you need to be careful as to whether it is being made available in the UK or just the US at this time.

As Paramout + has just launched in the UK it may be that content is not all there and more will be added over the next month or so to bring the amount available closer to the US but I do not know if this is the case.

As far as I am aware the offer to SKY Cinema Subscribers to get it at no cost does not mean that content is less available - it is the same UK subscription it is just £0 rather than £6.99pm

Any queries regarding content should be addressed to Paramount + and not SKY

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

hi @TinkFoxclaw 

I am afraid I have no idea regarding the Scream movies. 

The first thing you need to be aware is that Paramount + is independent of SKY and SKY have no control over their content. 

It is a partner, similar to Netflix or Disney + - although they are owned by the same Parent Company - Comcast. 

Secondly you also need to be aware that Paramount+ UK has separate content to the US so if you read that something is available via Paramount + you need to be careful as to whether it is being made available in the UK or just the US at this time.

As Paramout + has just launched in the UK it may be that content is not all there and more will be added over the next month or so to bring the amount available closer to the US but I do not know if this is the case.

As far as I am aware the offer to SKY Cinema Subscribers to get it at no cost does not mean that content is less available - it is the same UK subscription it is just £0 rather than £6.99pm

Any queries regarding content should be addressed to Paramount + and not SKY

This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

@TinkFoxclaw I've seen somewhere that Scream will be available from late July, you may have seen that Scream is available in the US on Paramount + already. 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@NickNewark wrote:

@TinkFoxclaw I've seen somewhere that Scream will be available from late July, you may have seen that Scream is available in the US on Paramount + already. 

Now you mention it, although I could be wrong, I think it may have been in the small print that flashes briefly during the Ad I saw on TV

EDIT : According to this (independent) link it says Scream 5 is coming in late July as @NickNewark says

Independent Link - P+ content coming in July 

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@TinkFoxclaw 

Scream 4 is currently available on Netflix.

This message was authored by Austinored This message was authored by: Austinored

I would contact viewer relations, they get back to you within a day, and are quite good with answers. It may be that it's Paramount Plus holding the cards. Shame if subscribers are getting more content.

Panasonic 50cx700 sky q 2tb, keep the 3d films, I am still watching those
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

It's arriving on 29th July.

https://twitter.com/paramountplusuk/status/1541738018742181889?s=21&t=RX4-HKgZfX2cV9ee-BQtWQ

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by Wendy+Brooks This message was authored by: Wendy+Brooks

Paramount plus is a waste of time, I'm just stuck with a spinning circle, nothing will play, what a joke, don't have this problem with netflix or prime. I only set it up because its free, there is no way I'd pay anything for it, just mostly repeating old shows that's have been shown before. It's unbelievable that some are paying for it. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Wendy+Brooks wrote:

Paramount plus is a waste of time, I'm just stuck with a spinning circle, nothing will play, what a joke, don't have this problem with netflix or prime. I only set it up because its free, there is no way I'd pay anything for it, just mostly repeating old shows that's have been shown before. It's unbelievable that some are paying for it. 

@Wendy+Brooks  If you have registered for p+ through sky try re linking your account via this link

Here 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Wendy+Brooks This message was authored by: Wendy+Brooks

Finnaly got paramount plus working on the sky Q box, watched about a 3rd of the first episode of the offer, and it kept freezing, sound constantly dropping out, and then wouldn't play at all. I've got EE fibre that doesn't go below 100mbs most days, it's between 100 and 150,so I know it's not the broadband speed. And netflix and prime both play UHD and HD with no issues at all. I'm not very impressed with the service, just glad I'm not paying for it, 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@nigea99 wrote:

Paramount+ and Sky aren't owned by the same parent company.

Comcast is the parent of Sky/NBCUniversal/Peacock

Paramount+ is part of Paramount Global, the company previously known as ViacomCBS.

This message was authored by Kvick This message was authored by: Kvick

The reason why you can only see the first three Scream films is because Paramount do not own the home video rights to Scream 4. They only own the first three films and the latest one (Scream 5) as they only recently bought the rights when they made the latest installment.

Scream 4 was made long after the first three films and is owned by an entirely different company in terms of home video, so this will never be on paramount plus.

If you want to watch Scream 4 it is available on Netflix at the moment.

As of Scream 5 not being on Paramount Plus in the UK yet, I remember seeing an actual sky movies advertisement showcasing the newest Scream on one of their sky cinema adverts. I'm assuming they will be airing this themselves soon and that is probably why you are not seeing it on Paramount Plus.

This message was authored by Debbers This message was authored by: Debbers

Did you get this sorted ?. Still saying scream 5 is on paramount plus but I can't find it? 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Debbers wrote:

Did you get this sorted ?. Still saying scream 5 is on paramount plus but I can't find it? 

I presume you did read the links/posts above that say it is only coming to the UK on 29th July 

This message was authored by Debbers This message was authored by: Debbers

Hi. Yes,  didn't have the other comments when I asked but can see now. Thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion