Discussion topic: Pride content not suitable for children

This message was authored by Claire8411108 This message was authored by: Claire8411108

Pride content not suitable for children

The first thing I saw when turning on my SKY glass TV this morning was pride content. I do not know how to hide this. Can someone tell me how please? There are impressionable young children in the house and the fact I cannot remove the sexual preferences of an adult worries me. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Pride content not suitable for children

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Claire8411108  There is no option to hide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Claire8411108 

There's no obligation on Sky (or any other platform) to provide an option to hide any such promotional content as long as whatever is being displayed is itself legal* and not otherwise regulated or age-controlled by the Broadcasting or Advertising Standards codes.  Realistically they are not going to do so voluntarily.

* and let's face it, without content involving, for example, murder, the television schedules would be a whole lot emptier...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

I want to hide sports but it will not let me do that either.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Content not suitable for children is broadcast/shown outside the watershed or PIN protected

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Annie+UK wrote:

Content not suitable for children is broadcast/shown outside the watershed or PIN protected

Although promotional material for such content isn't subject to the same controls, as has been remarked on in these forums.  Personally I really wish they wouldn't plaster serial killers / scary clowns / possessed dolls across the Glass 'screensaver', because no-one needs to see that on a 55" screen first thing in the morning...

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

@Annie+UK wrote:

Is it though? I've seen content not suitable for children on This Morning broadcast between 10.00 am & 12.30 pm. Same goes for content on the news broadcast in the early afternoon or early evening. Warnings may be given but it's broadcast nonetheless.

To the OP, if you want to hide it, try standing in front of the TV & press mute on your remote. Or, & here's an idea, turn the TV off.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

The Pride content tile image is simply a rainbow flag. How is that unsuitable for Children? You better avoid TV for the next month as you'll be seeing a lot of it around. 

@merv60 wrote:

@Annie+UK wrote:

Is it though? I've seen content not suitable for children on This Morning broadcast between 10.00 am & 12.30 pm. Same goes for content on the news broadcast in the early afternoon or early evening. Warnings may be given but it's broadcast nonetheless.

There's a whole different section of the Broadcasting Code for that: 'taste and decency' in News and Current Affairs coverage is (not surprisingly) regulated separately to Entertainment.

This message was authored by Nunnio This message was authored by: Nunnio

I, also, do not want this on my Sky. Unwoke up Sky!

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

I'd be more concerned about the example of  McGregor in the netflix documentary or the 'monster in the morgue' docu that comes up beside it on my home screen than lgbtq+ flag.

Seriously though, anything not age appropriate would be pin blocked.

Does sky glass have 'kids safe mode', I know it is an option on sky q but I can't see anything online about it on sky glass.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Claire8411108 wrote:

The first thing I saw when turning on my SKY glass TV this morning was pride content. I do not know how to hide this. Can someone tell me how please? There are impressionable young children in the house and the fact I cannot remove the sexual preferences of an adult worries me. 

Sky Glass, even though you own it, is still technically under the control of Sky. You have no say in what they choose to advertise on their Home Screen. They own and run the software which makes it function.
If you don't want to see their advertising then you'll need to buy a non-Sky branded TV and get your TV content via different means. 

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Nunnio wrote:

I, also, do not want this on my Sky. Unwoke up Sky!

It's not your Sky, it's Sky's platform that you have access to.

How exactly does this content cause people so much concern?

If you don't want to view it then don't,  no one is making you watch the content just ignore it.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

@nolte wrote:

Does sky glass have 'kids safe mode', I know it is an option on sky q but I can't see anything online about it on sky glass.

No, it does not. 

This message was authored by Nunnio This message was authored by: Nunnio

Not just Sky. Not a fan of an ideology that provides sexual content to children. Ever seen a pride march? All welcome? Family friendly!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion