Discussion topic: Super Rugby from NZ

This message was authored by MGMS This message was authored by: MGMS

Super Rugby from NZ

This weeked sees the last 8 of the Super Rugby. a search indicates that Sky is carrying the games.  However they do not appear ont the TV schedule -  though last week's games are on Sky action on demand.  What does this mean? Are thye available.  Thanks for any advice.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Super Rugby from NZ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MGMS wrote:

a search indicates that Sky is carrying the games.

In this context it's probably important to know that Sky Network Television Limited is not Sky UK, part of Sky Group (a division of Comcast)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
MGMS
Topic Author

Thanks - what does the mean in paractice?  Can I get them if I pay extra or download after the games?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MGMS 

As far as I'm aware, Sky (NZ) services are only available in that part of the world, just like Kiwis can't expect to get access to Sky (UK)

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@MGMS wrote:

This weeked sees the last 8 of the Super Rugby. a search indicates that Sky is carrying the games.  However they do not appear ont the TV schedule -  though last week's games are on Sky action on demand.  What does this mean? Are thye available.  Thanks for any advice.

@MGMS 

According to

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12334/12817927/super-rugby-returns-to-sky-sports-stars-to... 

Sky sports is showing all the Super Rugby games.

The below link suggests the games are TBC... To be confirmed

https://www.wheresthematch.com/super-rugby-15-on-tv/

So I think it's a case of just waiting and checking the tv schedule

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@Doc5907 @MGMS 

This 2022 press release would certainly seem to indicate that matches should be on Sky Sports (UK) somewhere for the next few years.  I was partly posting just to indicate that references online to 'Sky' scheduling of Southern Hemisphere events is complicated by the existence of Sky (NZ) and indeed Sky Pacific (Fiji)

httpss:/wwwwskygroupp.sky/article/sky-sports-announces-four-year-deal-withsanzaarr-to-show-wealth-of... 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Doc5907 @MGMS 

This 2022 press release would certainly seem to indicate they should be on Sky Sports (UK) somewhere for the next few years.  I was partly posting just to indicate that references online to 'Sky' scheduling of Southern Hemisphere events is complicated by the existence of Sky (NZ) and indeed Sky Pacific (Fiji)

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/sky-sports-announces-four-year-deal-with-sanzaar-to-show-wealth-of-... 

@TimmyBGood  Good point... A few have confused Sky UK with Sky nz in past.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
MGMS
Topic Author

Thanks your replies - we shall see on Saturday.  I feel that Sky should have made the postion clearer themselves.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion