Discussion topic: La brea missing episodes

This message was authored by GeneralBob This message was authored by: GeneralBob

Re: La brea missing episodes

@caesarome @SKY1992bf  I get the tile view without episode numbers if I access it the same way: Sky Cinema > Paramount+ > All Shows

i get the episode numbers as well if if I access it: Catch Up TV > Paramount+ > Drama

It's inconsistent, depending on how you access the episode lists.

Sky+ app v5.5.1 on an iPad.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GeneralBob wrote:

@caesarome @SKY1992bf  I get the tile view without episode numbers if I access it the same way: Sky Cinema > Paramount+ > All Shows

This is the way I always access Paramount+ content seeing as you can't search for it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I was expecting La Brea to be on Peacock to be honest as it's an NBC show.

I know it's down to rights and all that, but I'm surprised NBC didn't keep it "for themselves" on Peacock. 

This message was authored by naren4899 This message was authored by: naren4899

Morning everyone

The missing episodes , 2 and 10, are now available  on able.

Naren

This message was authored by eddie75 This message was authored by: eddie75

Further to my previous post.

I have checked on Sky 

The two missing episodes have now appeared.

The full set of ten episodes are now available.

Curious!

I was assured , when I emailed Sky, that I could only access the missing two episodes if I upgraded to Sky Q.

Not available to me as a lowly Sky + HD subscriber they said.

I must have received a free upgrade ! ( Heavy sarcasm)

Problem resolved!

Now to send Sky a harsh email concerning the duff advice they gave me...

This message was authored by DiamondSu This message was authored by: DiamondSu

I hear you.  I'm certainly not paying more to Sky. I'm a pioneer,  been with them since day dot, but I absolutely refuse to line their greedy coffers further.  Instead of demanding more from their customers they need to look hard at retaining them.  Understandably content is limited due to production during COVID-19, but seriously, old series, old movies and B rated new stuff doesn't inspire confidence in Sky products.  

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@DiamondSu

@eddie75

Just for clarity, subscription costs on Sky Q are the same as Sky+HD and as you've been long standing customers, the 'upgrade' would likely be free also.

That said,, I'm also happy with Sky+HD and wouldn't consider changing any time soon. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@oj01 wrote:

@DiamondSu

@eddie75

Just for clarity, subscription costs on Sky Q are the same as Sky+HD and as you've been long standing customers, the 'upgrade' would likely be free also.

That said,, I'm also happy with Sky+HD and wouldn't consider changing any time soon

@DiamondSu @eddie75 same here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Spoiler
@oj01 
Many thanks for the information.
Still annoyed with Sky for trying to palm me off with incorrect advice though.
Sent them a rocket via email.
Have had a lame response from them where they state that Sky Q would give me access to the whole Paramount Plus experience including the Paramount Plus app.
They dodged the issue of the incorrect advice given to me by their worker namely that I would only be able to watch the missing episodes if I upgraded to Sky Q.
The appearance of the missing episodes has shown that assertion to be wrong.
Still there we are.

Thought you might find this amusing.

Here is the text of Sky's non-apology apology for incorrectly advising me that I could only access the missing two episodes of La Brea if I upgraded to Sky Q.

The whole thing they state was a misunderstanding. ( Despite my clearly outlining the nature of the problem in my emails to them)

They end their email with yet another attempt to persuade me to upgrade to Sky Q.

What is going on here? Are they under instructions to attempt to persuade all their email correspondents to switch to Sky Q?

Well.

Whatever.

Sounds like a rum business to me...

"You have my apologies for the the miss understanding regarding the missing episodes of "La Brea".

The content for this did not arrive from Paramount and we have been working with them to get this added to the platform.

My colleagues below where correct in saying that not all content from paramount+ will be available on Sky+HD and only selected content will, This was not the case with "La Brea".

If you would like to explore your options for upgrading to Sky Q please contact our sales team on 0333 2022 135."

Needless to say I will not be upgrading to Sky Q any time soon.

This " high pressure salesmanship " has put me right off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I can see what they saying because not all content that Sky Q customers will see will be in Sky+ but they have clearly misunderstood your original email to them hence the poor reply.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome 

I think that they are simply trying-ineptly- to cover their backs.

When I first emailed them, stating that two episodes of La Brea were missing I received the following in reply.

"Having accessed your Sky Account, I see that you have subscribed for Sky+HD. I would like to inform you that you will able to view only limited episodes as your using Sky+. To have complete access of all episode you need to upgrade to Sky Q. "

Instead of informing me- as they ought to have done - that the fault lay with Paramount they told me that I could only access the missing two episodes if I upgraded to Sky Q.

This is plainly not correct. I pointed this out to them in another email but they still went on about upgrading.

Even in their last email where they admit that the problem was down to Paramount they are still banging on about upgrading.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion