Discussion topic: Can I watch sky sports in italy via my UK account?

This message was authored by ptwalsh This message was authored by: ptwalsh

Can I watch sky sports in italy via my UK account?

I am in Italy on holiday and would like to watch today's Premier League games via my UK account

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Can I watch sky sports in italy via my UK account?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No you cannot.
All detailed in the Sky help article here;
Viewing Sky abroad | Sky Help | Sky.com

From 1 January 2021, you won’t be entitled to stream Sky outside the UK using your Sky Go, Sky Kids, Sky Sports and Sky Sports Box Office apps. Some Sky apps will allow you to download your favourite shows and movies over WiFi before you leave home to watch offline while you’re abroad.

Certain rules mean people within the EU can stream content across all EU countries. From 1 January 2021, the UK will no longer be part of the EU, so we won’t be able to provide this service in the same way.

This change affects lots of online video, music and entertainment services, not just Sky.

Sky+, Sky News, Sky Sports Score Centre and Sky Store won’t be affected, so you can carry on using them when travelling in the EU.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@ptwalsh  Not possible since brexit.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

No you cannot.
All detailed in the Sky help article here;
Viewing Sky abroad | Sky Help | Sky.com

From 1 January 2021, you won’t be entitled to stream Sky outside the UK using your Sky Go, Sky Kids, Sky Sports and Sky Sports Box Office apps. Some Sky apps will allow you to download your favourite shows and movies over WiFi before you leave home to watch offline while you’re abroad.

Certain rules mean people within the EU can stream content across all EU countries. From 1 January 2021, the UK will no longer be part of the EU, so we won’t be able to provide this service in the same way.

This change affects lots of online video, music and entertainment services, not just Sky.

Sky+, Sky News, Sky Sports Score Centre and Sky Store won’t be affected, so you can carry on using them when travelling in the EU.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
ptwalsh
Topic Author
This message was authored by ptwalsh This message was authored by: ptwalsh

Thanks to those who replied. It's my first EU visit since Brexit, always comforting to learn of yet another benefit!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion