Discussion topic: La brea missing episodes

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: La brea missing episodes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DiamondSu wrote:

@GeneralBob  Thanks for your prompt response.  We are subscribed to the Sky+ HD Package so Sky Cinema is included and therefore, as you say, Paramount+ too.  I've not signed up for a trial with Paramount+ but had seen the offer and price to do so, hence my post.  I do not have Episodes 2 and 10 on my planner, other episodes were downloading as I watched Episode 1.  Someone mentioned that there are physically no Episode numbers on the guide.  We only realised we were missing 2 and 10 when my son searched for an Episode guide via Google.  Guess we now sit and wait patiently.  🙂 

@DiamondSu it's not included in the HD package it's a separate premium subscription package 

is Sky cinema listed on your Sky bill under a separate line

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Paramount +

@piptex wrote:

I just watched the first episode of La Brea and there are no further 9 episodes as expected from announcement the whole series would be available from 1st August.

All bar episodes 2 and 10 are available,you just need to dig deep to find them. For me with a Sky+ box they can be found via Catchup > Paramount+ > All shows.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by eddie75 This message was authored by: eddie75

I have Sky+HD.

Paramount Plus is part of my Sky Cinema package.

I too have this problem.

Episodes two and ten of La Brea are missing.

Emailed Sky about this to inquire as to what is going on.

They have informed me that as I have Sky +HD  I am only entitled to receive some of the episodes of La Brea.

If I wish to watch the rest I will have to upgrade to Sky Q.

What fun.

Given the present economic situation I am not looking to take on additional costs. Especially in circumstances such as this. Upgrade to Sky Q simply in order to watch episodes of a series? Two episodes that ought in all reasonableness to be readily available in any event.

Sky advertised that Paramount Plus would be available to its customers if Sky Cinema was included in their package.

They did not state that we would only get a taster of its programmes to whet our appetites so we could pay out more dosh to Sky.

Not happy. In fact I am disgusted.

Upgrade?

I'm thinking of cancelling.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@eddie75 wrote:

I have Sky+HD.

I too have this problem.

They have informed me that as I have Sky +HD  I am only entitled to receive some of the episodes of La Brea.

What fun.

Given the present economic situation I am not looking to take on additional costs. Especially in circumstances such as this. Upgrade to Sky Q simply in order to watch episodes of a series? Two episodes that ought in all reasonableness to be readily available in any event.

Sky advertised that Paramount Plus would be available to its customers if Sky Cinema was included in their package.

They did not state that we would only get a taster of its programmes to whet our appetites so we could pay out more dosh to Sky.

Upgrade?

I don't think that response from VR was correct - I think the remaining episodes will be made availble but it might take a bit more time 

I am concerned that your response from VR was that you need to upgrade

This message was authored by eddie75 This message was authored by: eddie75

@nigea99 

Thanks for your reply.

I am concerned about their bizarre response as well.

Especially as they have told other customers that they are seeking to resolve the issue with Paramount; thereby suggesting that the problem is at the Paramount end.

Very odd.

Needless to say I will not be upgrading to Sky Q any time soon.

I suspect if I did I would still find that the two episodes are missing!

They would doubtless then tell me the issue would be resolved if I upgraded even further...

Cheers!

@nigea99 wrote:

That was a shocking reply from Viewer Relations as it is completely wrong about this as this missing episodes should appear sometime so it will be a case of keep checking for them over the coming days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

@nigea99 wrote:

@eddie75 wrote:

I have Sky+HD.

I too have this problem.

What fun.

Upgrade?

I don't think that response from VR was correct - I think the remaining episodes will be made availble but it might take a bit more time 

@nigea99  one thing I've noticed is that le brea isn't listed at all in the paramount plus section of the sky + app by the looks of it, @oj01  can you check for us please 

edit ignore me it's there I've just found it 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@nigea99 wrote:

@eddie75 wrote:

I have Sky+HD.

I too have this problem.

What fun.

Upgrade?

@nigea99  one thing I've noticed is that le brea isn't listed at all in the paramount plus section of the sky + app by the looks of it, @oj01  can you check for us please 

edit ignore me it's there I've just found it 

@nigea99  in case you missed it see my edit above 

@caesarome @nigea99  I've got 8 episodes on the app but they aren't being displayed in the correct order the first three in the list are 1,7,4 so no idea what Sky are playing at

This message was authored by GeneralBob This message was authored by: GeneralBob

@SKY1992bf I see what you mean. It seems there is a different view depending on how you access the content. For example, selecting Catch Up on the box then La Brea from the Featured menu shows a list of episode titles as well as episode numbers, in the right order. Selecting Catch Up, Paramount+, Drama, then La Brea shows episodes in tiles with only their titles listed - no episode numbers, but in the right order. That's what nearly caught me out - I nearly started episode 3 by accident.

I asked Sky Viewer Relations whether there were any plans to include episode metadata in the tile view and their response was that it is controlled by Paramount, not Sky, and I should contact Paramount to ask the question of them. I haven't done that.

The Paramount+ service is still pretty new, so hopefully they'll improve it in time. Personally, I appreciate having it included at no additional cost and accept there will be some teething problems. The proof in the pudding is how Paramount, and Sky for any element they are responsible for, react to issues and enhancements.

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@caesarome @nigea99  I've got 8 episodes on the app but they aren't being displayed in the correct order the first three in the list are 1,7,4 so no idea what Sky are playing at

@SKY1992bf 

I have noticed that with other series on the app but at least they are clearly labelled so not to much of an issue.

@caesarome wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@SKY1992bf 

I have noticed that with other series on the app but at least they are clearly labelled so not to much of an issue.

@caesarome  my biggest bugbear is that you have to click on each tile to see the episode number 

obviously most people will know that pilot means episode 1,  but then it's the storm and you only find out it's episode 7 once you press on the tile , surely it would be better to label the episode 7.the storm at top level rather than it currently is 

Are we talking about the Sky+ app because each tile says 1/1, 1/8 etc for me ?

@caesarome wrote:

Are we talking about the Sky+ app because each tile says 1/1, 1/8 etc for me ?

@caesarome  Yep if I click on cinema, paramount and then all shows and then la brea my top level display shows this

6B35E1AB-B0DB-46F2-9D2B-2ADDC2272050.png

to see the 1/8 etc you have to click on each one of above tiles, it would be better imo if the 1/8 etc was put on the above screen 

Odd, as both my ipad and iphone Sky+ app show the titles before the Paramount+ wording.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion