Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - June 2023

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Changes to the Sky TV guide - June 2023

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Glass/Stream.

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead but may still change.

Thursday 1st 

• Sky Sports Golf HD ROI replaces the existing UK HD feed in Ireland
    • Sky Crime HD ROI replaces the existing UK HD feed in Ireland
    • BLAZE moves from 160 to 161 in Ireland only on Sky Glass only – Sky+/Sky Q is unchanged
    • PBS America moves from 161 to 162 in Ireland only on Sky Glass only - Sky+/Sky Q is unchanged
    • Together moves from 162 to 163 in Ireland only on Sky Glass only - Sky+/Sky Q is unchanged

Friday 2nd

• Sky Family Classics (Sky+/Sky Q 306/850 – Glass/Stream 306) renames to Sky Family

Monday 5th 

• ​Sky Spider-Man (Sky+/Sky Q 302 - Glass/Stream 302) changes name to SkyExpendables / ExpendablesHD 

Thursday 8th

• ​Sky Expendables (Sky+/Sky Q 302 - Glass/Stream 302) changes name to True Stories / TrueStoriesHD 

Friday 9th 

• Sky Greats (Sky+/Sky Q 304/849 - Glass/Stream 304) renames to Jurassic Park / JurassicParkHD 

Saturday 10th 

• Sky Cinema Action (Sky+/Sky Q 307/851 - Glass/Stream 307) renames to Sky Batman / Sky Batman HD 

Tuesday 13th 

• Jurassic Park (Satellite 304/849 - Glass/Stream 304) renames to  Sky Greats / Sky Greats HD 

The below channels will launch on Sky Glass and Sky Stream - they are already present on Sky+ and Sky Q

• GREAT! tv - EPG number 167 (160 ROI)
  • POP – EPG number  213 UK & ROI (214 NI)
  • Tiny Pop – EPG number 214 UK & ROI (215 NI)
  • Pop Max – EPG number 215 UK & ROI (216 NI)
  • GREAT! romance - EPG number 317 UK & ROI
  • GREAT! movies - EPG number 318 UK & ROI
  • GREAT! action - EPG number 319 UK & ROI

Thursday 15th 

• Sky Hits (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to SkyKarateKid / SkyKarateKidHD

Monday 19th

• Sky True Stories (Satellite 302 – Glass/Stream 302) changes name to Sky Gangsters / SkyGangstersHD

Tuesday 20th

• Sky Karate Kid (Satellite 303 – Glass/Stream 303) changes name to​ ​Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD
  • PTC Punjabi launches to EPG number 740 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream - channel already exists on Sky+ and Sky Q

Friday 23rd

• MTV 90s (Satellite 352 – Glass/Stream 352) renames to MTV PRIDE 
  • Sky Animation (Satellite 305 – Glass/Stream 305) changes name to SuperheroesHD 

Tuesday 27th 

• Sky Gangsters (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) changes name to Sky Music / Sky Music HD
  • Sky Cinema Batman (Satellite 307/851 - Glass/Stream 307) renames to Sky Action / Sky Action HD

Thursday 29th

• GINXeSportsTV (425) closes permanently on satellite only - channel will remain on Sky Glass/Stream
  • ROK (Satellite 329) closes permanently

Friday 30th

• MTV PRIDE (Satellite 352 - Glass/Stream 352) renames back to MTV 90s
  • Sky DC Superheroes (Satellite 305 - Glass/Stream 305) changes name to SkyAnimationHD
  • Sky Greats (Satellite 304/849 - Glass/Stream 304) renames to Sky Pride / Sky Pride HD

Useful links

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

All Replies

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - June 2023

Hi Chloe, you able to pin this at all please?

Chloe-W22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you PA, that's been done 😋

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

No problem. Good partnership 😉

This message was authored by smurph69 This message was authored by: smurph69

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

Thursday 1st 

• Sky Sports Golf HD ROI replaces the existing UK HD feed in Ireland
    • Sky Crime HD ROI replaces the existing UK HD feed in Ireland
    • BLAZE moves from 160 to 161 in Ireland only on Sky Glass only – Sky+/Sky Q is unchanged
    • PBS America moves from 161 to 162 in Ireland only on Sky Glass only - Sky+/Sky Q is unchanged
    • Together moves from 162 to 163 in Ireland only on Sky Glass only - Sky+/Sky Q is unchanged

Regarding the Sky Glass/Stream changes in Ireland (highlighted in red), could that relate to something that is launching across the Irish sea on channel 160?

This message was authored by Villaforever This message was authored by: Villaforever

I think 160 will be placeholder for wildearth hd to launch if when it does 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@smurph69 @Villaforever 

It's only Great TV being added to sky glass and sky stream

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Great TV will be on 167 but doesn't explain why channels on 160-162 have moved up one place in Ireland. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@xenon81 wrote

• Great TV will be on 167 but doesn't explain why channels on 160-162 have moved up one place in Ireland

As per the update

• GREAT! tv - EPG number 167 (160 ROI)

So it is 160 in roi, hence my reply on the two posts I referenced to wondering what 160 will be in ireland

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

While I am glad these are being added I hope they are not the same as TCM and others where programmes can neither be added to  the play list nor watched from the beginning.

Sky have now admitted that the information given on their various web sites is misleading I am now majoring in trying to get them to correct the sites.

• GREAT! romance - EPG number 317 UK & ROI
  • GREAT! movies - EPG number 318 UK & ROI
  • GREAT! action - EPG number 319 UK & ROI

Sky really need to get their Web site and junk mail to be correct, the most recent junk email says.

"Seen something you like but can’t watch right now? Not a problem. Just save it to Playlist. Then it’s ready and waiting for you later."

Well it does not work with Glass / stream with TCM,  I hope it does with the "Great series" that should be available soon.

Sky have admitted that it does not work with TCM, there may be other channels.

"Some shows, including programmes from news and music channels (e.g. MTV Music), and some of our movie channels (e.g. TCM), aren’t available due to licensing restrictions or might be removed from your Playlist due to changes in licensing rights. "

I raised a formal complaint with Sky, I doubt whether they will do anything so the next stop is ASA or whoever the relevant people  are.

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

@bob1234 I think the whole Playlist concept was badly briefed from the beginning.  When I enquired about Glass it was described to me as cloud recording and everything could be recorded. I don't think the guy was deliberately misleading me, that how he understood it at the time. 

@redsky88 wrote:

@bob1234 I think the whole Playlist concept was badly briefed from the beginning.  When I enquired about Glass it was described to me as cloud recording and everything could be recorded. I don't think the guy was deliberately misleading me, that how he understood it at the time. 

@redsky88I am still waiting for a response to my  question about what happened to the 1000 hours cloud storage that was promised.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@bob1234 wrote:

@redsky88 wrote:

@redsky88I am still waiting for a response to my  question about what happened to the 1000 hours cloud storage that was promised.

It never existed, we debunked that fairytail/lie when Sky Glass launched

@Annie+UK wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

@redsky88 wrote:

It never existed, we debunked that fairytail/lie when Sky Glass launched

I know but I want Sky's answer, as it was yet  another claim they made.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion