Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

Interesting that we can get an update from a user on here and getting it from BT, but we don't get anything from Sky. I do have to say sky do need to improve customer skills and letting customers know

I do though have to say that the executive team are generally very helpful

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

I think that is perhaps a bit harsh, it's delayed and knowing it is a technical issue doesn't change anything fundamental, it's still delayed for an unknown timeframe, which is what Sky said.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

We just asking for regular updates, that's all.

It's not @Chloe-W22 fault but it's just a bit frustrating as a customer. 

This message was authored by Nevlol This message was authored by: Nevlol

Agreed. I am fully understanding that the minutia of these things cannot always be shared publicly, and indeed those responsible for resolution are unlikely to be in regular contact with customer-facing staff like that which interact on these forums. Sky is a behemoth of a company with thousands (tens of?) employees and we can all appreciate that the procedures and communcations within are often times inefficient even with the best of efforts by individuals.

With that said, communication and expectation setting is at the very core of any customer-facing role. Regular communication and expectation setting, that is. Therefore I don't personally see it unreasonable that we should want regular updates, even if the update is that there is no update. In my professional life (I work in software development) that is basic 101 stuff. That's not to say Sky or any of their representatives aren't yet adhering to that (it has only been a few days...) but the idea that we should just swallow "it's ready when it's ready" is nonsense. 

Thank you @Nevlol 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nevlol wrote:

Sky is a behemoth of a company with thousands (tens of?) employees

31700 across the whole group, according to this

That was before Comcast had much of a chance to get their teeth in though...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Chloe-W22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

Edited original post, BT Sport Ultimate UHD due to launch today on satellite and Glass will not go ahead. I will amend the post when a new date has been confirmed.

Hi all,

I appreciate you are all looking forward to this new channel but this is all I know at that the moment, as mentioned I will update the thread when I have the next update 🙂  Hopefully it's not long now!

The thread is teetering on the edge of breaking the Community Rules, can we keep these in mind 😉

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Tdazza This message was authored by: Tdazza

Any update on BT Sport UHD for todays match on Sky ?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Tdazza  See the post directly above yours, nothing has changed 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by cockerel1 This message was authored by: cockerel1

@Chloe-W22 

Apologies for being nosy - but what is the actual problem? Disagreement between BT & Sky? Or just a genuine satellite problem?

Sky Q 2TB UHD Box (Hisense 43 4KTV) with three Mini boxes, Sky Signature / Sky + BT Sports / Multiroom / Sky Cinema / Sky HD & UHD. Community Fibre 1Gig + Unlimited Calls 800-900 Up / 800-900 Down.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@cockerel1  All that that BT have said, which has already been posted, it is a technical issue at BT's end, it is BT you need to be asking it is their service, their feeed, their problem.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by cockerel1 This message was authored by: cockerel1

Well at least I know that now, cheers. I will certainly chase it up with BT, as quite frankly, they have let down a lot of people, including myself.

Sky Q 2TB UHD Box (Hisense 43 4KTV) with three Mini boxes, Sky Signature / Sky + BT Sports / Multiroom / Sky Cinema / Sky HD & UHD. Community Fibre 1Gig + Unlimited Calls 800-900 Up / 800-900 Down.

Will you keep us posted after you spoken to BT

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Will you keep us posted after you spoken to BT

As I posted in the BT Sports UHD thread, having spoken to some contacts I have at BT, I'm told the actual reason for the delay is a desire on the BT side to wait until they can market their new 4K UHD multiroom box and recently agreed access to Sky Sports content in UHD HDR on BT TV, ahead of the main European competitions starting in September. 

The official line is there is a technical fault that needs resolving, but I'm told the reality is it is a business decision. Naturally you don't have to believe an anonymous stranger on a forum, but you will find out soon enough whether I am right or not. 😉

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S

I think you are spot on and it's a business decision

Apparently BT don't want to give it to sky until after they get their updates re new platform, but I might be wrong

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion