Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky Q, Sky+ and Sky Glass.

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead.

Monday 1st

• Sky Sports Cricket (Satellite 404/862 - Glass 862) renames to SkySp Hundred / SkyHundredHD 

• Nick Jr. Too (Satellite 613 - Glass 206) renames to NickJrPeppa
  • BT Sport // ESPN SD/HD (Satellite 876/423 - Glass 415) renames to BT Sport 4 HD
  • BT Sport Extra 1 (Red button service – Satellite + Glass) renames to BT Sport 5
  • BT Sport Extra 2 (Red button service – Satellite + Glass) renames to BT Sport 6  
  • BT Sport Extra 3 (Red button service – Satellite + Glass) renames to BT Sport 7  
  • BT Sport Extra 4 (Red button service – Satellite + Glass) renames to BT Sport 8
  • BT Sport Extra 5 (Red button service – Satellite + Glass) renames to BT Sport 9  
  • BT Sport Extra 6 (Red button service – Satellite + Glass) renames to BT Sport 10
  • XXX Mums (Satellite 918) closes
  • BoxNation (Satellite 429) moves to 427 in the UK
  • BoxNation moves (Satellite 435) to 429 in ROI
  • CNN launches (506) on Sky Glass

Tuesday 2nd

• Classic Hits launches to music genre - EPG 366

Friday 5th

• Sky Adventure (Satellite 302 - Glass 302) renames to Sky Bourne /Sky Bourne HD 

Monday 15th

• Summer Scares (Satellite 311 - Glass 311) renames to Sky ScFi/Horror / Sky ScFi/HorHD

Tuesday 16th

• Sky News Arabia moves from 715 to 716 on Sky Glass

• FoodXP launches on Sky Glass to EPG number 715

Thursday 18th

• Samaa TV launches to EPG 759 on Satellite only

Monday 22nd

• Sky Wizarding World (Satellite 306/850 - Glass 306) ​ renames to ​​Sky Family/Sky Family HD 

• Sky Sports Action (Satellite 407/865 - Glass 407) rebrands to SkySp NFL/SkySp NFL ​HD
  • Channel 7 (182) moves to 181
  • Travelxp (185) moves to 182

• That's TV (187) moves to 183

• Disc. Turbo (NI&ROI) (188) moves to 184
  • NTD (190) moves to 185
  • Ayozat TV (191) moves to 186
  • BBC Scotland  moves to 187
  • Local TV (195) moves to 188

Thursday 25th

• Siraj TV moves from 716 to 760 on satellite only

• Earthx TV HD launches to EPG number 180 on satellite

Friday 26th

• Sky Superheroes (Satellite 302 - Glass 302) renames to SkyIndianaJones / IndianaJonesHD

Tuesday 30th

• Sky Indiana Jones (Satellite 302 - Glass 302) renames to BacktoSchool and BacktoSchoolHD 

Wednesday 31st

• Spotlight (365) closes permanently

Useful links

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

All Replies

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

@Chloe-W22 wrote: Thursday 4th

• BT Sport Ultimate UHD launches on satellite and Glass (red button service) first event 6th August

OK, you have my attention, which complicated combination of packages will we need to get access to this on Sky Q please?

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stereohaven  As nothing seems to have been published regarding any extra charge it may well be as is now with Sky Sports & UHD, likewise you also need to subscribe to BT sports and have the UHD subs to get BT Sports Ultimate.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

I suspect you are correct, unfortunately none of the ways I access MySky (app, Q box or online), currently allow me to buy BT Sport.

I'll give them a call when we know the full details.

@stereohaven  Will know on the 6th of August if the above is true as that will the 1st UHD event being shown.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

That's fantastic

I tried to press the red button and it doesn't seem to work?

I can see that BT sports 4 is showing

Also, do you think we will see the the BT sports app any time soon?

@Super+Anthony  BT Sport Ultimate doesn't launch until Thursday.

No one can say if we will see the BT sport app as like most things Sky don't release this kind of info until the last minute.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

But it says it's launching today?

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

Thursday 4th

• BT Sport Ultimate UHD launches on satellite and Glass (red button service) first event 6th August

No @Super+Anthony , it says there are BT Sport name changes today, BT Sport Ultimate launches Thursday, first event Saturday.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

It does launch until the end of the week and even then the red button is only likely to appear when there is actually something on Ultimate to watch. Maybe 4-5 programmes a week.

@Super+Anthony wrote:

That's fantastic

I tried to press the red button and it doesn't seem to work?

I can see that BT sports 4 is showing

Also, do you think we will see the the BT sports app any time soon?

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Blueboy9 This message was authored by: Blueboy9

This message was authored by Shaydavefall This message was authored by: Shaydavefall

Will we be able to record broadcasts on BT Sport Ultimate? I've always been able to record SKY Sports UHD coverage even when it was behind the red button. Hopefully this will be the case with BT too.

Hope so

I read somewhere that BT have traialing the app on the Sky Q for over a year 

Not sure why for so long and we still don't have it

@Shaydavefall wrote:

Will we be able to record broadcasts on BT Sport Ultimate? I've always been able to record SKY Sports UHD coverage even when it was behind the red button. Hopefully this will be the case with BT too.

As posted elsewhere, BT Sport Ultimate is a broadcast channel delivered via satellite on Q and accessed by the red button on a normal BT Sport channel when an event is live.

This is exactly like how F1 and other events are accessed (if not via the recently launched Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HDR channel).

On Q, this should mean it is recordable the same as Sky Sports offerings. On Glass, you should be able to access the game on demand a week next Thursday. Maybe.

This message was authored by Matto+E This message was authored by: Matto+E

@Super+Anthony 

its only available from 4/8/22 and if they have a bt sport ultimate game on which is this saturday i beleive the first one. im guessing your going to need the UHD add on to your package like u do for sky sports UHD 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion