Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2022

I get that

I can see we now have BT sports 4

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I get that

I can see we now have BT sports 4

@Super+Anthony  Bt no longer have a license to use the espn branding so have simply renamed what was bt sport/espn as bt sports 4 on all platforms 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Ok. Thanks for that

This message was authored by cockerel1 This message was authored by: cockerel1

Well someone is lying here. Contacted BT to get an update and came back with: "Hi. The launch date for BT Sport Ultimate on Sky was yesterday, Thursday 4 August -" following it up with Sky on Twitter... "

Thank you so much for sending this over (a link from RXTV Info about the launch). I've spoken with my colleagues regarding this and they have advised that UHD content will be available via BT Sports on Sky via the red button. This will start from tomorrow."

Thoughts?

Sky Q 2TB UHD Box (Hisense 43 4KTV) with three Mini boxes, Sky Signature / Sky + BT Sports / Multiroom / Sky Cinema / Sky HD & UHD. Community Fibre 1Gig + Unlimited Calls 800-900 Up / 800-900 Down.
This message was authored by cockerel1 This message was authored by: cockerel1

image.jpg

Just entered the frequency of BT Sport Ultimate from Lyngsat onto my Sky Q box - and these two appeared (1007 & 1008)? Been entering all week and nothing has come up till now... 🧐

Sky Q 2TB UHD Box (Hisense 43 4KTV) with three Mini boxes, Sky Signature / Sky + BT Sports / Multiroom / Sky Cinema / Sky HD & UHD. Community Fibre 1Gig + Unlimited Calls 800-900 Up / 800-900 Down.

I also spoke to Sky for some answers and the person said they knew nothing about it coming to us!! It's all rather poor really 

@cockerel1 How did you do that 

This message was authored by Kirsty+Samuel This message was authored by: Kirsty+Samuel

Spoke to BT and they said it's going live on red button for the first game today. And that you just need the BT sports and UHD sky Pack to access so hopefully this is true

@Kirsty+SamuelI presume I will get it on my Sky Q box and I have all the sports. I think you referring to Glass?

This message was authored by Matto+E This message was authored by: Matto+E

hi 

@Super+Anthony 

ive seen somewhere n all bt sport 4 was espn but ive also seen they have merged with eurosport which is discovery apparently. they are suppose to be making changes this year with merging so guessing we will have bt sport 5 and 6 which used to be eurosport 1 & 2. or they will copy sky and  have named channels like bt sport football, rugby, etc  

Yes it will be interesting to see what will happen with discovery plus and BT merging and what it will be for us

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

The only name changes so far are the dropping of 'ESPN' to become BT Sport 4 and the 'Extra' channels becoming BT Sport 5 - 10 for consistency.

There are no changes to Eurosport 1 or 2 at this time .

BT Sport channels will be added to Discovery+ and BT TV customers (not Sky), will get free access to Discovery+ and extra content.

That is all that is public so far. BT have just pushed back the release of a new wireless mini box and some other channel changes by 3 weeks which may be why BT Sport Ultimate on Sky is delayed, but coverage should have started by now if it was available (I don't have it to check).

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by Nevlol This message was authored by: Nevlol

No option for Ultimate for me. Only 5 on the Red Button - and the Red Button isn't even available on 1. 

Same for me... not a great start

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Same for me... not a great start

Why?

A channel you were told wouldn't be available today after all, isn't.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion