Discussion topic: CLOSING DOWN CHANNELS IM PAYING FOR

This message was authored by equestrian261167 This message was authored by: equestrian261167

CLOSING DOWN CHANNELS IM PAYING FOR

I am very furious  that every so often  when I want to watch  some of the sky channels  like crime, max showcase but to name a few  THEY KEEP GETTING SHUT DOWN!!

This is UNFAIR BIZZARE & DOWNRIGHT RIDICULOUS  to deny a customer  regular access to channels  by shutting then down willy nilly &  password protecting them  when theyre paying for the right to use them

Please justify why you see it fitto deny someone access  in this way - to be fair sometimes theyre on & thats fine

I missed 2 brilliant shows on sky showase  a couple of days ago  because of this STUPID  INANE  decison 

Im calling upon  common sense of the people who are controlling the  channels  by restoring permanent access without having to put in any sort of PIN   no .

There is no way am I messing about trying to remove  the sky card & risk something going  wrong i cant fix & have to pay a sky  person  callout charges to put it right because of the bizzare decison of sky 

Thank you 

sara

sara brown

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: CLOSING DOWN CHANNELS IM PAYING FOR

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What do you mean by "getting shutdown"?

Do you mean pin protection that sometimes occur?

If so, this is required from Ofcom for showing certain age-rated content pre-watershed. (The only other option to sky would be not to show the 12 and 15 content during day time)

This can be accessed by using the pin to unlock the channel.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@equestrian261167 as you well know, we're customers here. Sky's Viewer Relations team are the people to complain to about Sky programming. You can email the, at viewerr@sky.uk. 

PIN protection of some programmes is an OFCOM requirement that Sky is required to enforce. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@equestrian261167 wrote:

Im calling upon  common sense of the people who are controlling the  channels  by restoring permanent access without having to put in any sort of PIN   no .

The 'people who are controlling the  channels' are obliged to comply with the Broadcasting Code or ultimately they could lose their UK transmission licences: 'common sense' doesn't come into it.  A 2019 revision to the Code extended Mandatory Daytime Protection to permit the carriage of post-watershed content on non-Cinema channels before 21:00 and some (including Crime) have started to do so, but without a PIN challenge they would be subject to substantial financial penalties levied by Ofcom.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@equestrian261167 wrote:

There is no way am I messing about trying to remove  the sky card & risk something going  wrong i cant fix & have to pay a sky  person  callout charges to put it right because of the bizzare decison of sky 

That's a standard troubleshooting technique for Sky satellite receivers, although it may be entirely irrelevant to PIN issues.  There would be no charge for any repair for a Sky subscription holder.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@equestrian261167 wrote:

I am very furious  that every so often  when I want to watch  some of the sky channels  like crime, max showcase but to name a few  THEY KEEP GETTING SHUT DOWN!!

This is UNFAIR BIZZARE & DOWNRIGHT RIDICULOUS  to deny a customer  regular access to channels  by shutting then down willy nilly &  password protecting them  when theyre paying for the right to use them

Please justify why you see it fitto deny someone access  in this way - to be fair sometimes theyre on & thats fine

I missed 2 brilliant shows on sky showase  a couple of days ago  because of this STUPID  INANE  decison 

Thank you 

sara

@equestrian261167  you do realise you can get your PIN (the last 4 digits of your viewing card) without having to remove the card from box. Press Home>>>>>Settings >>>> System info.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@equestrian261167  So what you're referring to is pin protection and not channels being shut down?   These are 2 completely different scenarios but why let facts get in the way of a good headline right?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@GD1 wrote:

@equestrian261167  So what you're referring to is pin protection and not channels being shut down?   These are 2 completely different scenarios but why let facts get in the way of a good headline right?

@GD1  True a very misleading thread title IMHO, which caught me out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
equestrian261167
Topic Author
This message was authored by equestrian261167 This message was authored by: equestrian261167

Yes -during the day im talking about -  theyve put repeats of the same old programmes ive seen before 

Then the same old programmes are on 2 days or more later  & theyre PIN protected

sara brown
equestrian261167
Topic Author

FAO GD1  

Yes sorry about my misleading  title it was Pin Protected  I was referring about 

sorry aboutt hat

sara brown
equestrian261167
Topic Author

what PIN  i havent  got one where can i get a PIN no please

sara brown
equestrian261167
Topic Author

email noted ta

sara brown
equestrian261167
Topic Author

right  oh

sara brown
equestrian261167
Topic Author

GD1 Yes sorry about that

sara brown
equestrian261167
Topic Author

where on the remote is the home button & no i didnt realise thnks for letting mr know

sara brown

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion