Discussion topic: A possible new customer

This message was authored by ArthurD1 This message was authored by: ArthurD1

A possible new customer

My 80 year old neighbour is currently with Virgin Media but is considering moving to Sky but he has two questions that he would like an answer to befor making his descision. [1] He has a TV in the lounge and on in the dining room his wife watches sports in the lounge and he watched other TV in the dining room. Sky claims to wifi TV to all tv's in the house but can it  show a different channel on each TV.  [2] He used to be with Sky a long while ago and still has the old dish outside on the wall, if he moves to sky will he still receive a free sky box/

Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: A possible new customer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ArthurD1 wrote:

[1] He has a TV in the lounge and on in the dining room his wife watches sports in the lounge and he watched other TV in the dining room. Sky claims to wifi TV to all tv's in the house but can it  show a different channel on each TV. 

Yes, but note it's not 'wifi TV to all tv's in the house' but WiFi to individual Sky boxes, one of which must be connected to each television over HDMI cable

[2] He used to be with Sky a long while ago and still has the old dish outside on the wall, if he moves to sky will he still receive a free sky box/

The box(es) can be 'free' in the sense that hardware cost is covered by the monthly subscription.  There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, as a wise man once wrote: a main Sky Q box plus a Q Mini box might have no up-front fee but necessitates paying the Multiscreen subscription supplement on top of the subscription content cost.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ArthurD1 

Also note that Sky Q is the satellite television product while Sky Glass and Sky Stream are internet-only.

ArthurD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by ArthurD1 This message was authored by: ArthurD1

Thank you TimmyBGood for your reply I found it very helpful, could you now please answer some more questions for me? [1] is sky still installing skyQ setups or are they focussing on the streaning side? [2] If my neighbour goes for the screening option ie over Brodaband would I be right in assuming that he would need a wifi router, one recording TV box (to coonect to one TV) and a small wifi connection box for the second TV (not requiring recording) and if I am correct is this something standard from Sky?

Best regards

Arthur

@ArthurD1 wrote:

[1] is sky still installing skyQ setups or are they focussing on the streaning side?

Sky Q is still available

[2] If my neighbour goes for the screening option ie over Brodaband would I be right in assuming that he would need a wifi router, one recording TV box (to coonect to one TV) and a small wifi connection box for the second TV (not requiring recording) and if I am correct is this something standard from Sky?

The Stream product doesn't record locally at all: each television would have an identical WiFi-connected 'puck'.  A reasonably fast broadband connection (at least 'average'  FTTC) and decent WiFi is a must.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion